Universal Health Services, Inc.
(UHS) is one of
the nation's largest and most respected healthcare management
companies, operating through its subsidiaries’ acute care
hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers
nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than
65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to
build or purchase healthcare properties in rapidly growing markets
and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and
effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive
management style and a service philosophy based on integrity,
competence and compassion.
The Information Services Technology Manager is
responsible for the management of all Corporate Servers and their
related technical environments at UHS. This includes managing
all related team members and their performance of daily operational
maintenance activities, change control and standardization. The
position is also responsible to establish consistent standards for
project management, establish technical direction on newer
technologies like virtualization and to ensure an appropriate
strategic technical direction for Corporate.
Essential Job Duties
TECHNOLOGY SELECTION &
Decisions: Performs general supervisory and
managerial functions, which include staffing, compensation/salary
administration. Performance assessment, employee discipline, employee
development, and employee communications and
- Work with Project Team to develop vendor
- Assist Project Team in system selection
- Supervises technology staff (System and
- Establishes and enhances working relationships
with other IS functions and end-user community
- Maintains contact with application vendors
such as Dell, Cisco, HP, and Microsoft regarding support
issues, trends and practices
- Works with CSC manager and Director to ensure
Service Level Agreements are being met.
- Support facility conversions as required
Decisions: Directly affects the structure of
operations, processes and systems related to the Support Services
functions and contribution to the UHS IS mission and success.
- Provides direction and management of the
System/Network Admin team
- Provides IS Technical implementation planning,
which includes pre-, post and live support.
- Attends Change Management meetings with CSC
Manager to provide input of IS technical environment changes.
- Manages PC/Server and local area network
implementations. Project Leads the installation and configuration of
the PC/Server hardware, operating systems,
- Manages technical support, which includes
leading system/network admin team to ensure effective diagnostics,
and evaluations of Servers, Network switches and other LAN
infrastructure devices as warranted
- Manages technical problem management. (e.g.,
ensures Root Cause Analysis are delivered promptly).
- Ensure technical documentation is provided for
all IS applications
- Responsible for providing technology metrics
to Support Services Director.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION
Decisions: Evaluate employee performance and
initiate reward or consulting actions as appropriate
- Works with IS Support Services Manager and
Director to supervise recruitment, development, retention, and
organization of all technical staff in accordance with corporate
budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Actively participates in Information Services
Management Team (ISMT) meetings.
- Participates with other members of the ISMT on
special projects and committees.
- Provides supervisory guidance and leadership
to all levels of staff as required.
- Establishes and monitors standards of
performance for staff.
- Ensures that all work at the Support Services
conforms to established UHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development of UHS policies
and procedures as appropriate and necessary.
- Interviews applicants for vacant positions
using appropriate interview techniques and makes sound selection
- Ensures that new staff members receive a
comprehensive orientation to the department and hospital requirements
- Evaluates employee job performance according
to established standards and performs employee evaluations in a
timely and constructive fashion.
- Focuses on staff development -
both technical and professional development.
- Keeps staff up-to-date and informed on new and
revised IS Department policies and procedures.
- Interacts with other members of the ISMT to
ensure successful and smooth completion of projects.
FACILTY IS OPERATIONS
Decisions: Leads new employee
orientation process by assigning mentor and getting feedback Performs
general supervisory and managerial functions, which include staffing,
compensation / salary administration, performance assessment,
employee development, employee discipline and employee communications
- Act as an advocate for the
organization’s IT vision via regular written and in-person
communications with the organization’s executives, department
heads, and end users.
- Participates in scheduled “Director
- Participates in IS Operational Reviews.
- Participates in orientation process for new
facility IS Directors.
- Participates in the planning and
execution of the annual IS Directors conference
Decisions: Continue to focus on
developing and maintaining solid vendor and local hospital personnel
- Reviews and approves staff time sheets,
expense reports, and on-call pay.
- Updates project status for publication on a
- Interacts with third parties as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required
by senior management.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a
rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with
us by applying online. UHS offers competitive compensation
commensurate with experience and benefits programs including medical,
dental, life insurance and 401k.
- BA degree required.
- Demonstrated managerial, project leadership
and supervisory skills in a technical environment.
- Must have working knowledge of networks,
servers, Windows 2003/2008 operating systems, Active Directory, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Technical documentation experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization
and self-managing skills.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience working in a Hospital environment a
- Travel Requirements: up to 10 % domestic US
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or
emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at
UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without
a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be
deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through
Universal Health Services - 20 months ago