AIG has an opportunity for a Manager of Investigations to join the Internal Audit Division’s Global Investigative Group. This position requires an experienced professional with significant investigative and fraud risk experience. The position focuses on managing investigations relating to employee or agent misconduct, financial irregularities, auditing and internal control issues. In addition, this position will participate in driving ongoing strategic initiatives focusing on the global standardization of policies and procedures. This position will report to the Senior Manager of the Global Investigative Group. The investigative work may require travel, depending on the location of the conduct at issue.
The Manager of Investigations will have the following key competencies and/or job responsibilities:
• Significant experience in leading and executing investigations with a minimum level supervision and provide guidance and oversight to junior team members;
• Significant experience in conducting root cause analysis to determine the underlying or fundamental causes of the identified incident and to recommend corrective or remedial actions;
• Highly skilled at writing investigative reports and other written deliverables detailing work performed and conclusions reached that provide a clear, concise, engaging message to facilitate decision-making, which requires minimal editing;
• Significant experience in analyzing business/process flows, risk assessment matrices, documenting gaps, and making improvement recommendations;
• Strong ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership, peers, and staff across culturally diverse teams;
• Proven critical thinking and analytical skills;
• Possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial and operational controls, as well as an understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk-assessment practices.;
• Fundamental knowledge of forensic software applications and other utilities to collect, process, review and analyze electronic evidence;
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to effectively prioritize investigations and initiatives to meet expectations;
• Proven ability to excel in a changing environment, demonstrated problem solving skills and decisiveness, and delivery of creative solutions;
• Strong ethics and high level of professionalism.
• B.S. / B.A. degree (degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA designation preferred).
• JD or Master’s degree a plus.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in Internal Audit, Internal Investigations, Legal, or Operational Risk.
• Insurance and/or Financial Services Industry experience highly preferred.
• Relevant Certifications such as CPA / CFE / CIA / CISA is highly preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
• Excellent presentation skills and training experience.
• High potential, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with business acumen.
• Effective change agent.
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...