We're a global team looking for the best talent - no matter where they are. This job has the option of working from either our Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA office. For the right individual, Sonos will offer relocation reimbursement to either office.
Job Title: Manager, Logistics - Americas
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Cambridge, MA
Sonos is a fast growing global enterprise, with an established brand name that combines innovation and life style, and with huge momentum on its journey to a simple, but far reaching vision – to fill every house with music.There is a continuous need for Sonos to invest in its organization across the globe, thus growing the level of professionalism, talent and experience within the Company, in line with its ambition and growth plans. The Global Fulfillment, Planning and Logistics team is responsible to deliver Sonos product to its global sales channels within best in class service levels and against lowest possible levels of cost and inventory.The Logistics Manager Americas will have the day to day responsibility to manage all aspects of the delivery of Sonos product to its customer base in the Americas region, currently comprising of the USA, Canada and Mexico, but in the future expanding into the Latin Americas region.
- Working closely with the internal Sales Operations and Finance teams, with the Logistics Service Provider partners as well as with colleagues from the Global Supply Chain organization, the Logistics Manager sees to it that all shipments as well as returns are executed within agreed targets of delivery performance, compliant to the contractual agreements with Sonos Channel Partners, and within budgeted cost levels.
- The Logistics Manager is a close partner to the Sales organization and acts as the communications and escalation point on all logistics issues for the region.
- The Logistics Manager manages the execution and performance of all Logistics Service Provider partners in the region within the agreed SLA’s and within a strict governance of KPI’s and regular Operations / Business Reviews.
- The Logistics Manager contributes to the development, scaling and professionalization of the Global Planning & Logistics team by pro-actively and diligently supporting projects and programs aimed at improving performance and increasing execution capability.
More about Sonos:
- 3 to 5 years experience as Logistics Manager in a global brand Consumer High Tech or Premium Brand Consumer Goods business, for as a minimum the US & Canada but preferably the wider Americas region
- Solid working experience with the US Retail channel, including knowledge of the common operational and compliance requirements of this channel.
- Solid experience of managing the operational performance of Logistics Service providers, including sound knowledge of and experience with contractual T&C’s, SLA’s, KPI’s and management of Monthly Operations reviews and Quarterly Business reviews.
- Knowledgeable in common tariff levels and -structures of the US / Americas LSP and transportation markets
- Experience with X-border shipments and trade compliance procedures
- Excellent team worker
- Excellent listening as well as open and to the point communication skills
- People management experience is a plus
- Strong stress resistant personality with good negotiation and influencing skills
- Independent and self starter
- Detail-oriented; commitment to accuracy and error-free deliverables
- BS degree in Operations Management, logistics or Finance preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Share Point
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Index Ventures - 2 years ago
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...