Actavis, Inc., a well respected and fast growing specialty pharmaceutical company is looking for a Manager. Materials Sourcing located at our Parsippany, NJ Global Headquarters. This position will manage the sourcing and qualification of new pharmaceutical ingredients (API's) for Research and Development and the identification of second supply sources of commodities and indirect supplies. Responsible for aggregating requirements across all production facilities and executing direct procurement and forecasting of key active ingredients, excipients and commodities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides liaison between the Company sites and the new, second source or potential suppliers regarding technical issues and solutions for performance and financial goals.
- Manages and plans the Supply Chain by evaluating current sources and vulnerabilities; assures a viable supply chain for all commodities and indirect supplies; initiates and supports efforts at identifying suitable substitute commodities for increased quality or cost saving opportunities; prioritizes the second sourcing process by evaluating product life cycle, risks and cross product line applicability.
- Identifies new commodity requirements both immediate and long term; issues purchase orders for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) for Research and Development; tracks and controls orders, resolves problems in delays in customs, paperwork, and Certificates of Analysis (COA) issues.
-Sources and supports the qualification of suppliers by evaluating existing qualified suppliers and utilizing industry sources and referrals to compile a list of new supplier candidates; coordinates document requests, sample submittals, Certificates of Analysis, and laboratory testing for qualification; initiates request to qualify new suppliers.
- Conducts strategic planning and reports by generating quarterly status and trend reports and recommendations utilizing industry information, economic indices and specific sector trends; establishes rapport with supplier’s quality and technical representatives; evaluates alternative supply chain methods as well as foreign sources; and coordinates with National Accounts Manager for efforts relating to commodities and supplies common between sites.
- Responsible for aggregating production requirements for key Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, excipients and commodities across all Company production facilities, analyzing against budget and current market forecast, communicating requirements forecast to suppliers and executing direct procurement in compliance with Supply Agreements.
Qualified candidates must have solid experience in the sourcing for bottles, closures, films, foils, cartons, labeling and other items for the packaging of product.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Chemistry or related technical field from an accredited college or university and minimum five (5) pharmaceutical supply work experience. Prefer American Society for Quality and National Association of Purchasing Management certifications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.