Working under the direction of the Regional Director of Perioperative Services and the Chief of Anesthesia, the Manager of PAT/Anesthesia will direct daily operations, develop, plan and implement programs, enforce compliance standards and develop systems to maximize patient access and provider efficiency within the departmenty of Anesthesia. The Manager will be responsible for performance improvement, staff selection, scheduling and staff development activities.
Within the Pre Admissions Testing Clinic, the Manager assesses, plans, develivers, coordinates, integrates, and evaluates nursing care related to patient needs at the expert level. The Manager contributes to the support of patients through interdisciplinary teamwork, assures that the care provided is consistent with applicable standards, regulations, statutes and state and federal law, and provides leadership to department staff, serving as a resource and mentor. The Manager also assists the Regional Perioperative Services Director with elements of planning, organizing, controlling, climate setting, leadership, and operational duties.
- Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate Professional Nursing program is required
- A minimum of 5 years professional healthcare experience with 2 years in a supervisory position with progressive management responsibilities required
- Current NYS licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Current BLS certification is required
- Certification in an area of practice is preferred
- Ability to assess patient status and take appropriate action is required
- Demonstrates competency in required nursing skills relevant to area of practice
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to precept and mentor other staff members
- Demonstrated leadership, management and solid interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Progressive experience in fostering interdisciplinary collegial relationships
- Walking, standing, squatting and kneeling required throughout the shift
- Ability to lift and position patients required
- Category I risk exposure as defined by OSHA