With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. Records and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
WMGS Participations is responsible for the accounting and distribution of 3 rd party financial statements pursuant to agreements providing labels or artists with a profit participation, distribution services or joint venture entitlement.
High Level Job Description:
Manage the process and preparation of the 3rd party accounting statements that are sent on behalf of the labels.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of participation, merchandise and Pressing & Distribution (P&D) statements for WMG that are sent on behalf of the labels (specifically Warner Bros. Records & Nashville Division)
- Read, comprehend and interpret third party contracts. Create corresponding statements and schedules to ensure that contractual reporting obligations/terms are met
- Review 3 rd party statements and supporting documentation for accuracy
- Manage processes to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Guide, train, lead and help develop staff
- Research and respond to audit, label and third party inquiries
- Manage monthly close process as it relates to participations (account reconciliations, balance sweeps, transfers, maintenance of participation , P&D and merch liabilities, journal entries, accruals, close schedules, etc.)
- Effectively communicate with labels, other WMG departments, staff and third parties (verbal and written)
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and manage all financial reporting schedules. Analyze changes and trends
- Provide ideas that improve the efficiency of the statement preparation process
- Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc analysis as needed
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Supervision skills
- Strong analytical skills in preparing and reviewing accounting transactions, statements and reports
- Ability to take initiative and be pro-active
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to clearly communicate to staff, labels and third parties
- Excel experience at an intermediate-plus level, other MS Office products
- SAP experience is a plus
- Prior experience in participations is required
- Entertainment / Music Industry Accounting Experience a plus
- Experience with Financial reporting, Monthly General Close Processes
- BA degree required, preferably in accounting or finance
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Warner Music Group - 7 months ago