The Manager, Pharmacy Professional Practice Standards will serve as a project leader in managing the day to day activities related to monitoring DEA and other pharmacy related compliance issues, reviewing and tracking key activities within professional standards. This position is responsible for, but not limited to information gathering through outreach to field and store teams, fact documentation and compilation, and dissemination of information for group review in determining level and type of ongoing review and research needed. This position will also serve as the primary operational point of contact to day to day communications and escalations from outside vendors and retail store teams.
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of auditing professional standards activities across the retail stores.
- Serve as point person for the initial outreach /review into an issue at a store
- Identify, track, maintain, and compile necessary information needed in determining level and type of ongoing review and research of an issue
- Serve as point person for initial escalations and concerns from outside vendors and store teams
About CVS Caremark:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Pharmacist license required. Previous Pharmacy Supervisor experience preferred.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success.
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization.
- Team Leadership: A highly developed ability to manage, develop, and mentor more junior team members to successfully evaluate complex business opportunities
- Initiative: Ability to think creatively and be a self-starter with limited guidance and coaching and to proactively develop and present potential solutions
- Influence: The ability to foster effective working relations with and persuade diverse business leaders based on fact and reason with an emphasis on achieving tangible results
CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care. CVS Caremark is a market leader in mail order pharmacy, retail pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and retail clinics, and is a leading provider of Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. We employ approximately 200,000 colleagues in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We operate more than 7,327 retail stores, 30 onsite pharmacies, 31 specialty pharmacy stores, 13 specialty mail order pharmacies, four mail order pharmacies, and our CVS.com and Caremark.com websites. In addition, our MinuteClinic division runs approximately 657 retail health care clinics.
- Headquarters located in Woonsocket, R.I.
- More than $107 billion in annual revenue
- Ranked 18th on Fortune 500 for 2012
- No. 1 Retail-Based Medical Center Operator
- No. 1 Retail Loyalty Program – more than 69 million active ExtraCare customers
CVS/pharmacy - 22 months ago
Size matters to CVS Caremark (formerly CVS), the nation's #2 drugstore chain and a leading pharmacy benefits manager with more than 60...