The Manager, Pharmacy Professional Practice Standards manages, tracks and ensures field execution and implementation of all actions and recommendations that are decided upon by the accountability review board, including related DEA and other pharmacy compliance issues. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally and collaboratively with several departments across the CSC (e.g., HR, Operations, Inventory, Distribution) to develop and design mechanisms and means to implement the defined actions. This role will serve as a thought partner with the Director, Pharmacy Professional Practice Standards to ensure the appropriate policies, SOP’s and guidelines are in place to maintain compliance to corporate, state and federal regulations.
The Manager will determine the appropriate method to implement and execute the defined set of actions and initiatives relative to the issue. They in turn will manage, track and see all agreed upon actions to completion and accuracy, working closely with the field teams (e.g., policy development, personnel training, system solutions at DCs or OV are accurate).
- Develop and design appropriate method and mechanisms to ensure defined action steps are implemented and executed through completion
- Partner with field leadership teams, Compliance, and Operations to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with Compliance to monitor upcoming trends and policy changes that could impact professional practice standards
About CVS Caremark:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Pharmacist license and Pharmacy Supervisor experience required
- 5-8+ years experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner that is clear, logical and consistent
- Proven ability to partner and work across boundaries to achieve results
- Proven track record of delivering results : holds self and colleagues accountable for ensuring all agreed upon actions and initiatives are executed and implemented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
- Highest level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines.
- Deep understanding of company’s operational policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact; strength in written and verbal communication skills
CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care. CVS Caremark is a market leader in mail order pharmacy, retail pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and retail clinics, and is a leading provider of Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. We employ approximately 200,000 colleagues in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We operate more than 7,327 retail stores, 30 onsite pharmacies, 31 specialty pharmacy stores, 13 specialty mail order pharmacies, four mail order pharmacies, and our CVS.com and Caremark.com websites. In addition, our MinuteClinic division runs approximately 657 retail health care clinics.
- Headquarters located in Woonsocket, R.I.
- More than $107 billion in annual revenue
- Ranked 18th on Fortune 500 for 2012
- No. 1 Retail-Based Medical Center Operator
- No. 1 Retail Loyalty Program – more than 69 million active ExtraCare customers
CVS Health is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,800 CVS/pharmacy retail pharmacies,...