JOB TITLE: Manager, Pre-Production
To lead the Production and Sourcing category team in achieving business performance objectives, by focusing on time, quality, deliveries at the right cost, with the required speed and flexibility in support of the La Senza brand strategies.
- Hire, coach and develop a quality team. This includes succession planning and regular performance reviews to address personal growth and development needed to foster a productive, focused team
- Ownership of bottoms-up category budget; understanding of how category ties to overall brand financial objectives
- End to end ownership of your category or lifestyle including influencing cross-functional partners to meet department volume and profit goals
- Leverage industry knowledge to support Brand strategies
- Lead and manage the production and order management processes to meet volume, profit and inventory objectives. This includes the management of all orders (greige, color, cut) to maximize flow and limit liabilities.
- Oversee the product costing process, including the negotiation and management of costs with direct reports to meet internal business IMU and AUC goals
- Manage the production development calendar. Challenge and negotiate timing to support the Brand business requirement.
- Collaborate with Design, Technical Services and Pre-Production on key deliverables to mitigate risk and meet business goals
- Manage new vendor global on-boarding in partnership with region
- Oversee the management of liabilities
- Build and maintain effective vendor and regional and cross-functional partnerships
- Interface with other areas of the business as needed, including Brand Leadership, to ensure proper support and coordination of Production issues. Recommend action and communicate issues that relate to Production that may hinder our ability to achieve our inventory and financial objectives
- Support development of seasonal sourcing plan
- Participate in the development of strategic vendor partnerships that supports the allocation process in an effort to minimize costs and maximize efficiencies and manage capacity
- Demonstrate a work ethic that is consistent with teamwork and the shared values of the enterprise-
Mast Global, part of the Limited Brands family, is a supply chain team recognized world-wide for its innovation, speed, efficiency and quality. Mast Global supports the $10 billion Limited Brands enterprise as its production, sourcing and logistics arm, providing our world-renowned brands with the best in end-to-end make and move solutions. Mast Global includes development, production and sourcing of intimates, apparel, accessories and gifts, home fragrances, and personal care; technical services focused on production efficiency, regulatory compliance and quality assurance; and a full-service logistics operation that delivers global supply chain solutions beyond basic transportation, warehousing and distribution.
- Bachelors degree in business or related area or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience with time in 2 or more categories
- 5 + years of experience in retail production and sourcing; overseas factory exposure preferred
- Experience working with regional partners required
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply and vendor base and global manufacturing environment
- Complete understanding of Production Coordinator and Planner processes, systems, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; proven Excel skills required
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels
- Previous experience with supervising and developing direct reports
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Some travel may be required
- Detailed understanding of product cost.
- Demonstrated experience in bringing flexibility and read and react capability to production processes.
Limited Brands - 2 years ago
BUILDING A FAMILY OF THE WORLD'S BEST FASHION RETAIL BRANDS
L Brands, through Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and...