Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and management of procurement, including Raw Materials, Components, Consumables, Capital, Services, and MRO.
o Identification and research of vendors, including researching potential vendors.
- Facilitate communication between functional groups and departments to coordinate supply chain planning and execution activities. Provide training and assistance when needed.
- Establish policies and procedures for Procurement function.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage vendors.
- Lead purchasing efforts of our significant vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Conduct or Support vendor contract negotiation.
- Manage Requisition-to-purchase order processing.
- Manage laboratory services supplier relationships.
- Supervise and direct the activities of the Procurement Specialists to accomplish company objectives.
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve Procurement, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Vendor Management:
o Negotiation of vendor contracts.
o Ongoing management of vendor relationships.
o Work with QA to develop and manage vendor qualification program
o Assure that all purchases are made with approved suppliers and aid in the management of the approved supplier list.
o Assist in the qualification of suppliers and participate in supplier audits, as required.
o Lead the resolution of all vendor complaints.
o Lead regular business reviews with the management team of key suppliers
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirement:
o Procurement methods and procedures, including buying and contract negotiation.
- Working knowledge of MRP, Materials Planning, and Procurement systems.
- Knowledge of:
o Procurement of goods and services in a R&D and commercial Bio-pharma company
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Required to sign a confidentiality and a non-compete agreement.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in procurement in a manufacturing environment, biotechnology pharmaceutical industry or other GxP environment is preferred.
- Potential limited exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis
- Personal protective equipment including safety glasses and steel toed shoes may be required in areas associated with this position.
Sign the non competition and confidentiality agreements. Compliance with all policies of the company including without limitation the Cook Employee Manual, Cook Code of Conduct, Cook Electronic Information Policy, and Cook Pharmica Quality Manual
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This position is expected to follow other job related instructions and duties.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cook Medical - 15 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...