POSITION TITLE: Product Development Manager
REPORTS TO: AVP/Director Product Development
- Ensure team partnership with design throughout development ensuring product details meet aesthetic direction as well as bulk production criteria.
- Provide solution-oriented support to design team throughout development.
- Proactively compile data analysis of key collections (cost, allocation, hindsights).
- Own vendor relationship management throughout development. Ensure product development and design team alignment providing one voice to vendors.
- Partner with director on style-level vendor allocation for all styles put into development ensuring overall vendor sourcing strategy is maintained.
- Drive and compile initial costing for all styles in development by partnering with Design, Technical and P&S. Own communication of cost challenges and drive solutions including costing options.
- Oversee time & actions for all styles in development, ensuring risk assessment is communicated and drive solutions.
- Drive cross-functional decision-making to ensure accuracy of color components in FlexPLM from design generated BOM post style review.
- Ensure color samples are on hand for Style Review meetings, VSD, PR and Mktg.
- Ensure product meets QA and FFP standards by partnering with Product Development team for launch pathway styles and vendors for core/fashion styles.
- Manage team on adherence to development calendar deliverables.
- Identify opportunity areas to increase development speed, efficiency and quality. Partner with director on process improvement implementation.
- Analyze vendor hind-sighting regarding on-time sample performance, quality and communication. Partner with director to drive vendor strategy recommendations based on vendor performance in development.
- Close working relationship with New York Design, Design Operations, Print, Color & Concept, Raw Material Design Merchandising, Textile Technology, Production & Sourcing, regional offices and vendors.
- Probe for root causes and broader implications of problems; proactively think through pros and cons of alternate solutions.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of effective partnership by recognizing the appropriate opportunities to ask for support.
- Define team priorities and set expectations.
- Encourage and support open expressions of varying opinions and alternate courses of action; actively solicit opinions from others.
- Work with other team members to facilitate agreement and reconcile differences.
- Create teams and partnerships across functions
- Lead, manage and motivate Product Development department
- Develop direct reports through:
- Behavioral training (feedback, modeling)
- On-the-job training
- Reviewing PPOs (goals) & IDPs (development plans)
- Recruit / Hire / Retain / Succession planning for department
- 8-12 years related pre-production apparel experience in foundations, preferably bras
- 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving abilities and result-driven communication with business partners
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Organized with sense of prioritization
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Keen written, verbal and electronic communication skills, computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, FlexPLM
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to lead and motivate team as well as be a team player and foster commitment to teamwork with other associates
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
Limited Brands - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
BUILDING A FAMILY OF THE WORLD'S BEST FASHION RETAIL BRANDS
L Brands, through Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and...