The Manager, Product Innovation develops new product concepts and directs the development of new product bases, with a focus on increased innovations and idea generation. Ensures that Victoria's Secret Beauty products deliver the most up-to-date and competitively superior performance, aesthetics, claims and benefits. Targets newness and trends with a constant flow of creative energy.
Must possess the ability to:
- Search the marketplace for innovative new product ideas, trends to present to marketing development for future brand and category growth plans
- Research and evaluate new competitive products for aesthetics, claims, product positioning as they relate to the current Victoria's Secret Beauty categories and future category opportunities
- Evaluate and direct formula submissions from lab to production, for aesthetic attributes. Ability to keep consistency of approved standards through all steps of development.
- Evaluate and direct package development in relation to formula attributes and product objectives.
- Evaluate and direct submissions related to secondary materials
- Work directly with outside vendors and labs on fast follower formulas, obtain a constant flow of new product prototypes and formula adaptations
- Brainstorm with Research & Development on a regular basis to review new technologies and ingredients and translate to new product prototypes for presentation to merchants
- Create Product Development Requests and give direction to Research & Development or vendors on new formula development
- Sign off on appropriate new product timetable milestones; be active Development Project Team member to follow product development through to pilot
- Direct Regulatory to develop clinical testing criteria for claims substantiation on performance products
- Communicate results to Merchandising and Concept teams; choose prototypes and benchmarks for consumer testing
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
- College degree in Marketing and/or Chemistry, Biology, preferred
- Beauty product development, marketing, retail or technical experience, required
- Color, skincare, treatment, and/or fragrance product development experience
- Ability to translate technical and strategic concepts to consumer friendly products
- Strong communication skills, leadership and creative problem solving skills
VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES
Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll find a...