The Manager, Product Innovation develops new product concepts and directs the development of new product bases, with a focus on increased innovations and idea generation. Ensures that Victoria's Secret Beauty products deliver the most up-to-date and competitively superior performance, aesthetics, claims and benefits. Targets newness and trends with a constant flow of creative energy.
Must possess the ability to:
- Search the marketplace for innovative new product ideas, trends to present to marketing development for future brand and category growth plans
- Research and evaluate new competitive products for aesthetics, claims, product positioning as they relate to the current Victoria's Secret Beauty categories and future category opportunities
- Evaluate and direct formula submissions from lab to production, for aesthetic attributes. Ability to keep consistency of approved standards through all steps of development.
- Evaluate and direct package development in relation to formula attributes and product objectives.
- Evaluate and direct submissions related to secondary materials
- Work directly with outside vendors and labs on fast follower formulas, obtain a constant flow of new product prototypes and formula adaptations
- Brainstorm with Research & Development on a regular basis to review new technologies and ingredients and translate to new product prototypes for presentation to merchants
- Create Product Development Requests and give direction to Research & Development or vendors on new formula development
- Sign off on appropriate new product timetable milestones; be active Development Project Team member to follow product development through to pilot
- Direct Regulatory to develop clinical testing criteria for claims substantiation on performance products
- Communicate results to Merchandising and Concept teams; choose prototypes and benchmarks for consumer testing
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
- College degree in Marketing and/or Chemistry, Biology, preferred
- Beauty product development, marketing, retail or technical experience, required
- Color, skincare, treatment, and/or fragrance product development experience
- Ability to translate technical and strategic concepts to consumer friendly products
- Strong communication skills, leadership and creative problem solving skills
Limited Brands - 20 months ago
VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES
Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll find a...