The Production Manager oversees and coordinates activities of 8 Production Supervisors and maintains overall responsibility for a Production group of 90 employees. The ideal candidate will have a strong manufacturing background in a constantly changing environment, be able to multitask, and have excellent communication skills with experience in Lean principles and promoting a safe work environment.
The candidate must be able to interact with employees on all levels with varying backgrounds and personalities and ensure and maintain a consistent, fair environment that maximizes employee confidence, maintains a high morale, and sets the standard for teamwork and success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the activities of the Oilfield Production Department, under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, and follow established procedures and approved processes.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion
• Coach, counsel, discipline, train and develop employee skills and personal growth
• Review work and production schedules to optimize efficiency
• Ensure that products are produced according to SOP
• Strive to eliminate injuries and improve housekeeping
• Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company policies
• Work with maintenance and operators to improve, evaluate and maintainn equipment and techniques
• Track employee productivity and quality with established measurement tools
• Work on cost reductions and WIP reduction projects
• Reporting daily results on shift production summaries
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
• Interact and liaise with the other support teams such as the lab and shipping
• Develops and recommends improvements to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
• Works with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts
• Lead by example
• Must be able to learn all job functions in the department
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed
• Requires a B.S. Degree in a technical field, or 10 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, 5 of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
• Requires broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
• Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and operations.
• This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
• Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Will be computer literate, particularly in production floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Working knowledge in 5S and Lean principles
• Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Fritz Industries, Inc. - 12 months ago