Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Manager, Electric Quality Control manages all quality assurance & control and audit activities for an assigned functional department within Electric Operations. The incumbent collaborates with leaders to assess business needs and define the appropriate vision and plan for both business process and construction quality audits and reviews. The incumbent drives the implementation of internal controls and ensures compliance and monitoring. The manager also ensures the quality control efforts meet the Quality Assurance standards. He/She leads a team of Quality Assurance Specialists who perform audits.
- BS or BA degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent combination of related education, training, or experience
- 4+ years supervisory experience
- 4+ years of Quality Control or Quality Assurance experience
- 8+ years of total relevant experience in electric construction, maintenance or compliance
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance standards
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance and auditing concepts methods, practices and techniques.
- Leadership and coaching/mentoring ability.
- Strong analysis and decision making skills to review large amounts of information to identify gaps in performance and determine corrective actions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively deal with stakeholders of various levels
- Influence and negotiation skills.
process and or procedural changes that will improve compliance to standards, reliability, safety and customer service.
- Develops and implements processes and plans for quality audits and inspections for both in-house and outsourced maintenance and construction work.
- Develops baseline measurements for contractor work that is utilized by the Contract Management department(s).
- Ensures quality program aligns with the Electric operating plan, goals and strategy.
- Partners with Work Methods and Procedures and other functional teams to ensure quality control points are implemented, monitored and measured for compliance with maintenance and construction work processes and procedures.
- Partners with leadership to develop appropriate departmental/quality performance measures to assess effectiveness of overall quality assurance plans and programs.
- Continually identifies, proposes and implements process improvements.
- Work with functional working teams to ensure implementation of corrective actions when control points fail or quality of service does not meet appropriate levels
- Oversees the audits of work verifications to ensure work is completed per standards, processes and procedures.
- Ensures audit projects and schedules are prioritized based on risk and business impact. Directs staff to focus on areas that obtain greatest quality benefit to PG&E.
- Reviews post audit reports from staff. Collects, consolidates and analyzes quality control information to determine overall trending and identify gaps or issues, which may include gaps in training or procedural definition/documentation.
- Prepares reports, presentations and delivers status updates and recommendations for corrective action changes and improvements to leaders.
- Partners with PG&E Academy, Work Methods and Procedures and other teams to evaluate and implement training,
- Manages staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and coaching, and rewards and recognition.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 2 years ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...