This is a direct-hire position which offers full benefits, job stability, opportunity for career advancement and the possibility of some minor relocation assistance, if necessary. If interested and qualified, please email a copy of your resume in MS Word.doc format and please include the answers to the questions posed at the end of this posting.
We are actively seeking a strategic, "hands on" leader who can effectively manage a team on teh manufacturing floor, as well as develop procedures and cultures going forward. This individual will act as the management representative in sustaining a quality management system that conforms to industry requirements. Additionally, the candidate will handle strategic development of proactive customer liaison thru visits, communication, enhancing our understanding of critical elements and meeting the customers ever increasing needs. Lastly, the ideal candidate will offer demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining company policy, procedures, work instructions, and forms for maintaining the highest standards of quality and reliability. Additional responsibilities include:
IMPORTANT: IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED, PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS
- Facilitate the Quality Metric during the daily Gemba process
- Lead the Auditing Activities; Internal QMS Element Audits, Second and third party audits, Process Audits, Production Trial Run Signoff, External - Supplier audits as required
- Initiate strategic initiatives for a robust production trial review process for quality requirements
- Take a lead role with all customer quality audits, explain our Quality Management System, and help demonstrate our Quality Competence
- Develop and lead continuous improvement functions through completion of projects
- Actively develop training needs and curriculum for training in the areas of Quality, Statistical Process Control, Quality awareness, and other areas of technical training required
- Strategically develop, lead and train in the 8D (eight discipline) corrective action process, for both customer or internal problems, work with all manufacturing Value Stream Managers
- Responsible for overall customer communication and commercial issues regarding Quality concerns and quality spills
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Vice President of Manufacturing
- Identify, develop and lead a process for continuous improvement opportunities
- Ambassador of promoting and maintaining safety, quality, and delivery throughout the facility.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field preferred, preference in Engineering
- 5 - 10 years experience managing a team in an injection molding / plastics environment
- Understanding on TS 16949 ISO requirements.
1. Why are you looking for a new position?
2. What is your current (or most current) salary?
3. What are you looking for in terms of salary in order to make a move? (a range is fine)
4. Are you comfortable commuting to Kalamzoo, MI (49009)? If not, are you open to relocating?
5. Do you possess experience leading internal quality management audit activities? If so, please detail.
Word .doc formatted resumes and salary requirements to:
Your resume will be held with strict confidence and will NEVER be forwarded to any of our clients without your permission.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource recruiters are dedicated to working with the finest technical professionals throughout the country. We know the market. We know the hiring managers. We have the knowledge, resources, and contacts to make your search more complete and efficient. Whether you are looking for more opportunity, a shorter commute, better benefits, or a higher salary, we're the best chance there is to uncovering that position you never even knew was available.
HireSource Solutions - 15 months ago