Lead full cycle strategic Talent Acquisition to build, implement, and manage effective, results-driven sourcing and recruiting strategies, processes, and programs that meet SJH regional goals and objectives across clinical and non-clinical areas. The role will be responsible for overseeing and developing a team of Regional Strategic Recruiters. Collaboration with other Regional recruiting teams, Recruiting Administration teams, and executives and senior level HR Partners on workforce planning and strategic program development is essential.
1. Develop regional sourcing and recruiting strategies that align with and support short and long term regional goals and objectives
2. Develop differentiated sourcing and recruiting strategies for SJH critical “core” skills and capabilities as well as “non-core” roles
3. Influence Ministry HR leadership and operations leadership on how to effectively manage and adjust strategy to meet changing regional priorities
4. Build, manage, and support SJH regional talent acquisition and sourcing programs – such as University Relations programs, internship programs, employee referral programs, and rotational development programs
5. Work collaboratively with other Regional Recruiting Managers on SJH system-wide talent acquisition programs and strategies, including employee identity, hiring manager training, process improvements, and technology improvements
6. Contribute to workforce and succession planning for Regional Ministries, and collaborate with HR partners and COEs on processes for consistently identifying top internal talent for open positions
7. Establish formal regional recruiting metrics
8. Collaborate with other Regional Recruiting Managers to broker talent across SJH at a system level
9. Build strong partnerships with regional HR leaders and Ministry Operations Leadership and Management understand business and operational strategies for the region and to enable successful achievement of key initiatives
10. Pro-actively collaborate with Ministry HR Partners in leading Functional, Ministry, and Regional workforce planning
11. Identify opportunities to continuously improve Talent Acquisition processes, approaches, tools, and outcomes
12. Manage team of regional recruiters, including assessment and alignment of recruiters to client groups, recruiter requisition management, training, development and performance management of the recruiting team
13. Serve as a coach, mentor, and trainer to other HR recruiting and HR colleagues across SJH
May be required to manage a requisition load in addition to leading talent acquisition program design, development, and implementation
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Excellent project management and organization/planning skills
Expert communication skills
Strong leadership skills
Strong presentation and training skills
Team player with ability to work with various stakeholders & levels of employees/executives
Strong knowledge of systems and systems implementations
Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
Proactive initiative and communication style
High degree of personal accountability
Excellent relationship-building and consultative skills
Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Effective interpersonally to be able to influence others and collaborate
Expert ability to use multiple systems to extract data and/or information
Advanced knowledge of Power-point, Excel, and Access applications
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Follows all policies developed by the Information Systems Department to support change management, confidentiality, and security.
Respects the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients.
Maintains organizational, employee, and patient confidentiality at all times.
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Reports promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws, regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in related investigation.
Conducts all transactions in compliance with all company policies, procedures, standards and practices.
Demonstrates knowledge of all applicable compliance and legal requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the position.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
B.S. or B.A. in related fields
5-8 years in Strategic Talent Acquisition functions
License / Certification:
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience with designing, building, and implementing new strategic sourcing and recruiting programs
Experience with workforce planning
Works in a fast-paced office environment
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Talent & Org Effectiveness
500 Doyle Park Dr., Suite 100
Yes, 75 % of the Time
St. Joseph Health - 14 months ago