Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities. Activities include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a stand alone initiative or function within a work group or department. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to execute the project and deliver results.
• Applies detailed knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution retirement program provisions and serves as a subject matter expert to support day-to-operations.
• Development and monitoring of processes that impact accuracy of benefits and quality of customer experience. Examples include management of escalations and call monitoring
• Evaluates trends in service level agreements and claims to determine and implement appropriate controls for continuous quality improvement
• Special project support for multi-year data project and implementations
• Compliance issue identification and remediation
• Partners with other KP staff on implementation support for negotiated and desired changes
• Defines, develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, including working with multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data post-implementation to measure success; defines standards of improvement success.
• Change Management: Leads or partners in change management activities associated with process improvement for highly complex initiatives. Engages leadership and stakeholders to obtain support and buy in for changes. Champions process improvement efforts and a continual process improvement culture. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
• Minimum of 6 years of process improvement, management consulting, change management, or related business experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Broad knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
• Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt or higher Certification may be required.
• Preferred: Minimum of 9 years of process improvement, consulting, or related business experience.
• Health care or insurance experience preferred. KP or non-profit experience a plus.
• Graduate degree preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...