Ever wondered whom the world's leading network equipment manufacturers look to accelerate their time to market for next generation network systems? The answer is Spirent Communications. Every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent Communications Test systems as the benchmark. Every industry association looks to Spirent for accurate test methodologies.
Spirent Communications is a worldwide provider of integrated performance analysis and service assurance systems for next-generation network technologies. Spirent's solutions accelerate the profitable development and deployment of network equipment and services by emulating real-world conditions in the lab and assuring end-to-end performance of large-scale networks.
At Spirent Communications we have the best talent, teamwork and technology. Our employees are strategic assets, highly prized and highly successful. We create environments that promote individual growth and a total team dynamic. We support this commitment by encouraging our talent to do what they do best and by giving them the support to excel.
Spirent Communications is the leading supplier of high performance communications test systems. We develop and manufacture test instruments (software and hardware) for use by communications systems manufacturers and service providers in their laboratories, to evaluate performance of their communications systems.
The N&A Division of Spirent is looking for an DevOps Manager to lead the product software engineering infrastructure team which is based in Calabasas, California. The candidate will be responsible for leading development and operations of Development Operations (DevOps) which includes leading and managing a team over automated tools continuous integration, continuous test and continuous delivery and related quality systems which are essential to the global N&A Division Engineering team's software processes. The role demands innovative hands-on leadership of infrastructure systems, development and oversight of operations of advanced software tools for continuous integration and deployment of software, and creation and operation of advanced quality management metrics / KPI, benchmarking, and management of Quality improvement initiatives.
- The candidate will work with other managers to determine requirements and priorities and will lead the development and track progress of strategies and plans for DevOps processes and projects as necessary to support software development and software releases and deployment.
- The candidate will manage the day to day operations of a team supporting multisite engineering product development systems including Perforce, continuous integration build systems and test system infrastructures.
- The candidate will work closely with senior management to design, implement and co-ordinate quality systems for Engineering. This includes KPI metrics, benchmarks and quality tracking tools, for analysis and reports for quality improvement programs and software defects reduction.
Must have requirements:
- Experience supervising DevOps and/or SCM teams
- Software or Systems Engineering degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with leading modern continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous deployment systems which include virtualized software systems infrastructures that support software development teams in a fast-paced agile engineering environment.
- Experience leading highly automated software configuration management (SCM) systems, including distributed source management systems, continuous software builds tools, software packaging, and DevOps release processes and tools.
- Knowledge of quality operational data analysis methods and tools including bug tracking systems, ALM systems, database systems, source code analysis tools and quality report creation using Excel and database tools
- Experience preparing and coordinating senior management business reviews
- Familiar with data network products such as TCP/IP based switches and routers
- Time management skills, suitable for managing simultaneous projects and priorities
- Experience setting up and managing informational web sites such as SharePoint
- Team player with experience working with multi-site engineering teams
- Experience leading administration of equipment such as large multiprocessor build farms, storage servers and network system and automated regression testing systems
- Knowledge of Perforce, GitFusion DVCS software version management systems
- Experience with Jenkins as a CI framework
- Experience with source code quality tools Code Collaborator, Klocwork is preferred.
- Experience with leading virtual systems administration, VMWare is preferred.
- Experience with web design and SharePoint is desirable.
- Experience with continuous testing systems
- Experience with continuous deployment systems
- Large scale, multisite systems and team management
- Excellent team communication skills are required. The candidate will communicate frequently with software engineers and managers in multiple locations in California, and less frequently with software engineers in other software development locations including Sunnyvale, Honolulu, India, Texas and China.
- Good English communication ability, both in written and spoken is required.
- Proficient in reading English technical documents, such as process documents requirements and design documents.
- Proficient in writing technical materials (emails & documents) in English.
- Develop advanced skills and experience for state-of-the-art DevOps technologies
- Develop advanced planning, organizational and time management skills
- Increase knowledge of computer and communication technology
- Advanced multi-site team-based work competences
- To develop experience with sophisticated software engineering practices
Work schedule will include training /mentoring sessions and other possible training classes determined by the company. The candidate will need to be able to monitor and respond to emergencies off-hours and weekends occasionally and be flexible to participate in occasional off-hour meetings with sites that operate on different world time zones.