This position is accountable for the planning, development and execution of a “best in class” grain originations process with a goal of achieving preferred partner status with the Group’s core grower/producer customers and short term and long term volume goals and objectives. To achieve this, the incumbent must be collaborative with Regional V.P.s and Sales Managers while being creative in their approach to the sales processes and human resources with adherence to the Statement of Principles. The incumbent must possess managerial, leadership, technical and creative skills in order to affect the implementation of agreed upon strategic direction for the Grain Group.
Sales: $10 Million in fees + commodity sales
Bushels Impacted: 300 million
Number of Personnel: 50
Nature and Scope
The Manager, Sales Operations reports to the Director of Marketing with a strong collaborative relationship with the Regional Sales Managers and the Manager of Training & Organizational Development. The incumbent must collaborate with regional accounting and operations managers/supervisors, marketing, and human resources to maintain clear lines of candid communications for all aspects of the business. The Manager, Sales Operations will be responsible for leading program/process design and effecting change within the sales organization. The incumbent will be expected to drive the collaboration of key stakeholders to these processes, as well as creating, maintaining and meeting the group’s agendas. Another key responsibility is to ensure the effective, efficient and appropriate roll-out of all improved approaches and processes designed to maximize our share of grain originations around our physical facilities and our Farm To Market business. This ultimately should lead to an increase in the value we deliver to our core external customers as well as the Group’s key internal and largest customer, the Ethanol Group. The incumbent will be required to work collaboratively with the key stakeholders to these processes and be able to lead the group to consensus and final decision making. The Manager, Sales Operations will also have responsibility for the compliance function within the sales organization.
The Manager, Sales Operations is responsible for the design, development, documentation and execution of the The Andersons Grain Group originations (sales) process ensuring that all members of the sales team are trained and effectively utilizing group wide standardized Best-In-Class practices in originating grain and selling the Group’s various service products such as Ag Vantage crop insurance, The Andersons Freedom Pricing Tools as well as other new service products. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for working collaboratively with the Sales Managers, to lead the establishment and achievement of short term and long term origination volume and service product revenue goals. In order to accomplish this, it will be necessary to establish and maintain key performance indicators. Ultimately this position, along with Sales Managers and Account Reps, will be held accountable for attainment of goals as measured by these indicators. The incumbent will also be held accountable for development and implementation of periodic sales campaigns. The incumbent is additionally responsible for the continued evaluation and improvement of these sales processes and procedures.
While designing, developing, documenting and executing the Andersons Grain Group origination (sales) process, the Manager, Sales Operations must incorporate the ANDE way of customer interaction. All processes, tools, training, etc, should include the principles of knowing the customer, caring about the customer, high ethical business practices and development and maintenance of relationships with our customers.
The incumbent is responsible for administration of the sales incentive program and communication of results back to the sales force. Additionally, the Manager, Sales Operations will lead the process of developing and tracking volume, gross profit goals and other goals of the sales incentive program.
The Manager, Sales Operations will be accountable for the ongoing development, roll out and operation of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) module within the SAP enterprise resource management (ERM) system. The CRM module is a key value driver of the ERP system and as such the incumbent is expected to “mine” the capabilities of this module to its full extent by creating value for both our customers, sales managers and account representatives.
The incumbent must ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner consistent with all Group merchandising strategies, policies and continuous improvement efforts which positively impact bottom line performance.
The incumbent is responsible to know and understand all rules and regulations around the sales policy The Andersons put forth. The incumbent is responsible to make sure the regional managers educate their employees about the rules and regulations of the purchasing policy and ensure that the employees understand and are using these policies in their daily buying practices.
The knowledge and skills to perform this job successfully is typically acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Ag Economics, or Professional Sales(or equivalent.) The incumbent must possess five years of either progressive sales experience or collaboration with a sales organization, and be able to demonstrate strong project management/ continuous improvement skills. The incumbent must also have strong analytical skills and a firm understanding of financial acumen and concepts. To be successful in this role will require self-motivation and the creativity to innovate.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1) Be a true leader and champion in establishing and maintaining a vision and required behaviors for our culture of ensuring human safety.
2) Lead the charge in ensuring we are providing our customers with clear value, constructive purpose, honest representation of our offerings, and courteous communication.
3) Develop, communicate and oversee the execution of an overall Sales Process that aligns with the Group and Company strategic direction.
4) Achieve short term and long term grain volume goals and objectives through support of regional sales staffs.
5) Track and report sales performance through key performance indicators to the sales management and sales team in a timely and relevant manner.
6) Align the priorities of the sales organization with the marketing organization to achieve synchronized launches based on a common calendar and list of priorities.
7) Communicate the launch of major campaigns, programs and product lines in a manner that generates desired sales velocity, achieves stated goals and utilizes programs properly.
8) Administrate the sales compensation program and communicate targets and results to sales team.
9) Manage the use of CRM tools and technologies available to ensure all sales team members are utilizing and maintaining these systems properly. Train and educate sales teams on these systems and tools as necessary.
10) Ensure rules and regulations around the sales policy are maintained in compliance.
11) Maintain candid communications with the Sales Management, Marketing, Accounting, HR and other functions, in order to serve as the liaison between these groups.
12) Assist with development and execution of sales training initiatives.
13) Assist with deployment of new ANDE technology systems and facilitate group engagement in these processes.
The Andersons, Inc. - 15 months ago
Andersons, Inc. is an entrepreneurial company with diversified interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. The Company operates...