Under the general direction of the Vice President of Tax, performs a wide variety of tax functions in support of Steward Health Care System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly review of sales tax payable accounts, invoice summary report and invoice copies to calculate use tax accrual.
- Prepare and file sales/use tax returns.
- Assist with sales/use tax audits.
- Review and track property tax invoices to ensure accurate and timely payments.
- Prepare and file Annual MA Form of Lists for Personal Property Tax.
- Work with corporate accounting to accurately record property tax accruals.
General Support Corporate Accounting, Accounts Payable and other financial functions in review of account transactions to resolve tax related issues impacting the general ledger.
- Responsible for assisting with corporation’s tax matters, including coordinating with outside accountants the completion and processing of the corporate federal and state returns.
- Perform year end accrual review and prepare tax provision
- Research and prepare work papers for various book-tax differences
- Oversee tax depreciation
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Coordinate with Capital Asset Accountants to ensure fixed assets schedules are accurate for property tax and depreciation calculations.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Resource for routine tax questions within the company.
- Other projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Minimum 4-5 years experience, MST, LLM, CPA preferable. Excellent attention to detail expected with ability to multi-task.
LANGUAGE SKILLS – Must have good communication and writing skills to effectively interact with various departments and with outside reporting jurisdictions.
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS – Strong computer skills, e.g. excel and word, Meditech G/L and BNA Fixed Assets experience a plus, but not necessary.
REASONING ABILITY – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes complex and diverse information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; designs work flows and procedures; works well in group problem solving situations
Steward Health Care - 2 years ago