EWR - Manager, Technology and Resource Planning - EWR
posted on: Thursday, February 07 2013
Full Time, Salary / Newark, NJ
PrimeFlight Aviation Services is seeking an experienced Manager of Technology and Resource Planning for the Newark Liberty International Airport. The salary range for the position is $50,000 - $60,000, based on previous experience.
Job Title: Manager, Technology and Resource Planning
The Manager, Technology and Resource Planning will primarily focus on Airport Resource Planning. Responsibilities include:
• Manage long / short term staff & GSE planning for the assigned airport
• Oversight and administration of day-of-operation planning tools
• Lead a team of end users by developing business models, producing resource plans and analyzing cost implications
• Manage the buy-in and relationship of station managers, airport vice presidents and financial managers
• Developing and implementing strategies, processes and procedures that will effectively influence company profitability
• Achieving monthly performance goals and planning annual operational budget
• Develop short-term forecasts of budgets based on flight schedule changes
• Control the application of business rules & corporate regulations to all planning and day-of-operations
• Being a positive role model to all personnel
• Meet administrative requirements as necessary
• Perform additional items as requested or required
Advise, consult, and coordinate with:
• Division Vice President
• Corporate Controller
• Corporate Staff and Field Support staff
• Airport Station Director
• Vice President of Training and Quality Assurance
• Clients & Vendors
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication. Proficient in Software Installation, Updates and Maintenance and posses sound Oral and Written Communication Skills. Further, be a Technology Champion, Advocate, Owner and Fan for all phases of the EWR operation.
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• 3-5 years of airport operational experience in either ramp or passenger services, with some background at the supervisor level or above
• Ability to model airport operational situations, identify business constraints, explain solutions & recommendations and gain management buy-in
• Experience in business process improvements in the airport environment
• Ability to translate technical information to a wider audience
• Ability to lead, mentor & train a group of software end-users
• Knowledge of statistical analysis
• Knowledge of financial principles & operational budgeting
• Ability to understand and analyze cost implications of staffing models
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize tasks
• Able to work with little or no direction
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Requires interaction with employees from the general worker level up to the CEO level
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience using airport resource planning optimization tools (Sabre, INFORM, etc.)
• 18 years of age
• Have ability to demonstrate daily a fitness for duty without any impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• Reliable transportation
• Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
• Eligible to work in the United States
Bachelor’s degree or above. Associate’s degree or equivalent may be substituted with eight years relevant experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to understand and analyze financial operations, profit and loss statements, customer invoices, and other mathematical functions necessary to managing the airport operation.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, Online Timekeeping and Outlook, sufficient to write letters, organize schedules, and perform other tasks related to payroll, resource allocation and operations. Skilled in Software Installation, Updates and Maintenance.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
Direct or indirect supervision of all on-site PrimeFlight personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand and walk
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
PrimeFlight Aviation - 17 months ago