COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight and Land O’Lakes brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
The Foodservice Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) is a person who has “majored” in Foodservice in Branded categories. S/he has a deep understanding of Foodservice distribution and Non-Commercial trade channels and has called on, or had trade marketing experience in, one or both of these trade channels.
The Foodservice TMM candidate should also be comfortable with financial analysis, and possess the relevant foodservice experience to build, refine and analyze trade-spending to help the Sales and Marketing organizations make good trade investment decisions.
RESPONSIBILITES: The four primary areas of responsibility include:
1) Trade Management & Analysis
• Drives planning, forecasting & day-to-day Trade management for all foodservice channels.
• Be comfortable working with spreadsheets and have above-average Excel skills
• Knows and understands historical uses of trade in foodservice channels
• Possesses industry knowledge and the ability to adapt it to build efficient trade programs that deliver results within prescribed trade guidelines
• Is able to take data and build fact-based selling stories to continue to build a “consultative selling” sales team that uses facts instead of price to win new business
2) Sales Planning
• Develops and implements foodservice strategies and tactics to increase sales and grow share
• Knows how to build programs to create demand in foodservice
• Provides Industry knowledge and Key Customer savvy to help inform and make strategically sound choices for development of the 3 year strategic plan and the annual operating plan
• Is a key contributor to development of sales programs for each of the foodservice channels
• Must be comfortable working with both field salespeople and marketers and help bridge the information gap that exists between the two functional areas
3) Leadership by Influence
• Must be able to work cross-functionally with a variety of headquarters-based experts in a variety of disciplines and articulate “ways to win” that resonate and enroll others
• Is seen as a key and valued contributor by Sales in building and providing them with the tools they need to succeed
• Is able to accompany Salespeople on key sales calls and provide the credibility needed to help drive desired business outcomes
• Is able to use Powerpoint to build, organize and tell a persuasive story to influence external customers or internal stakeholders
4) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Is the foremost expert on Foodservice in Trade Marketing
• Understands FSMs/GPOs and can build winning strategies to grow profitable sales volume
• Understands Foodservice broadliners and how they go to market
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of Foodservice Direct-selling or Trade Marketing experience
• Knowledge of how to win in Non-Commercial Accounts
• Understanding of how to make smart trade investments in non-Commercial and Foodservice Distributors
• Intermediate to advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Understanding of Office Coffee Sales channel
• ContractPro trade system proficiency
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
WhiteWave Foods, Inc. - 4 months ago
'Got milk?' WhiteWave Foods has a white mustache alternative. The company is best known for its refrigerated Silk soymilk in the U...