First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
As Manager of Transmission Services , you will support the development of First Wind’s projects throughout the continental United States by serving as the primary point of contact between transmission providers or ISOs and First Wind. You will oversee the process of interconnecting First Wind’s projects from project conception through construction. The responsibilities for this job include coordinating support from consultants, vendors and appropriate staff within First Wind to advance projects through the interconnection process as well as supporting the development team as necessary to support advancement of projects through development tollgates and ensuring that the construction, operations and asset management teams are well informed of transmission and interconnection related issues.
This position can be based at either of the First Wind corporate offices in CA, MA or ME.
· Lead management of interconnection and transmission procedures to ultimately negotiate and secure interconnection and transmission service to support wind development in the continental US.
o Request generator interconnection and facilitate interconnection process
o Coordinate support from consultants, vendors and First Wind staff as necessary to secure interconnection and transmission services.
· Manage asset registration process for projects to participate in the organized markets and achieve initial synchronization and operations with local utility and ISO.
· Facilitate asset qualification process for capacity market treatment for projects interconnecting to organized markets.
· Support development of the transmission and interconnection strategy for prospective and acquisition projects.
· Facilitate transmission screening analysis if necessary for prospective and acquisition projects. Advise Development of potential transmission issues including anticipated transmission service or upgrade costs and develop strategies to mitigate transmission risks. Manage consulting resource to review or conduct studies to estimate potential congestion and/or curtailment.
· Monitor regional transmission expansion activities. In coordination with Vice President, Transmission, develop long-term transmission strategy for generator lead line development and transmission service rights on merchant transmission projects.
· Represent First Wind at ISONE, NYISO, utility, and transmission meetings in the Northeast.
· Support Development Department strategic planning on project management and general business development.
· B.S. in engineering, MBA, Juris Doctor or comparable
· 4 or more years of experience with electric transmission or wind generation preferred
· Experience with vendors, consultants and independent service providers
· This position can be based at any of First Wind’s locations in California, Massachusetts or Maine
· Collaborative style and a can do attitude
· Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment
· Ability to make informed decisions quickly
· Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy
· Integrity and accountability
First Wind - 13 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...