The Traffic Manager is directly responsible for managing transportation across Callaway Golf’s North American logistics network, including US and Canada domestic freight as well as international inbound and outbound freight. Provides cost effective, efficient, and traceable movement of company products both in-bound and out-bound daily. Develops, implements, and maintains policies and systems relating to monitoring costs and efficiencies in the department. Ensures that transportation used to satisfy the customer and the company utilizes the best combination of price, service, and security. Responsible for providing leadership to Traffic function to implement process improvements affecting transportation and ensures corporate compliance w/personnel policies field related regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinates with multiple departments to ensure company objectives are met as they pertain to / affected by transportation decisions.
· Works closely with Global Supply Chain, Canadian Operations and Sales Operations to further improve transportation service, visibility and flexibility.
· Analyzes and implements transportation carriers to be used.
· Responsible for analyzing, negotiating, and implementing all aspects of the traffic function for import, export, and domestic freight requirements.
· Provide analytical support, technical information, and recommendations to all corporate departments as they relate to managing domestic and international transportation and documentation needs.
· Provides cost effective, efficient, and traceable movement of company products both in-bound and out-bound as well as researches dollar and time saving opportunities.
· Provide analysis and document actual freight costs for inbound and outbound freight.
· Responsible for maintenance and compliance of the Routing Guide for domestic vendors.
· Communicate and coordinate with subordinate supervisors, customers, functional peer groups, and senior management regarding the effects of transportation decisions on the corporation, including analysis and/or information regarding the transportation industry and/or government (foreign and domestic) policies that may effect the company.
· Supervise staff responsible for audit and validation of freight invoices as well as all aspects of export documentation requirements.
· Provide analysis and shipping solutions for company projects:
· Golf Club and Golf Ball display / P.O.P. products drop-shipped from suppliers.
· Non-standard domestic shipping requests such as arranging for manufacturing equipment shipped overseas, and coordinating of miscellaneous shipments to and from Callaway Golf.
· Assist Customs Compliance Manager with customs related issues.
· Communicate issues to the Director of Distribution, to ensure smooth operation and transfer of information.
· Plans, organizes, delegates, coaches, develops, and leads employee performance on an individual and team basis.
· Communicates department’s progress, issues and significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities to Director.
· Monitors and reports regularly on departmental performance against plans and budget.
· Manages projects as assigned and performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the department and company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience in developing consumer services.
· Working knowledge of traffic provider companies.
· Ability to create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring ideas to management and be able to implement changes and improvements effectively.
· Strong business, communication, leadership, planning and organizing, as well as conflict management skills.
· Expertise in US Customs regulations.
· Advanced knowledge of Export Regulations.
· Advanced knowledge of International Shipping Procedures.
· Able to effectively lead and manage direct subordinate employees.
· Able to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
· Excellent communication, analytical and project management skills required.
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to express technical and non-technical issues verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
· Ability to participate as a team-member in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
· Ability to facilitate group meetings.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum of 7 years of traffic management experience.
· B.A./B.S. in business or technical area, and/or related import/export traffic and customs experience required.
· Knowledge of Customs Regulations, Harmonized Tariff classifications & NAFTA.
· Licensed Customs Broker preferred.
Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon, Callaway makes premium-priced golf clubs that are...