Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is a dynamic medical device company whose vision is to anticipate the needs of surgeons through powerful see and treat procedure solutions that are safe, simple, cost efficient and produce the highest quality patient outcomes. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is focused on Minimally Invasive procedures in Urology, Gynecology, General Surgery and ENT. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA), believes its people are its greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes. Olympus Surgical Technologies of America (OSTA) is committed to creating a world class company with world class people.
Southborough, MA - Upstream Product Manager - Urology will identify and develop new business and product opportunities considered to be extensions of current products and services of Olympus Surgical Technologies America (OSTA) products for global market. The incumbent will interface closely with R&D, RA/QA, operations, and regional SalesBusinessCenter’s (SBC) downstream marketing to establish potential for revenue, profit, and market share; these key metrics are used to decide on path for possible product commercialization. He/She will primarily focus on future business opportunities, identification of customer needs, management of the prototype evaluations process, and support for regulatory compliance as needed (510(k)), which requires a very good understanding of the market needs, market trends, competitive forces, and new technologies. The incumbent will work closely with international marketing team in OSTA and regional SBC downstream marketing counterpart during formal launch and transitioning of the product to commercialization. He/She will also monitor market feedback for product improvement, transition to new products, and termination strategy should be developed and executed in conjunction with multi functional team. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for Olympus products for global market (USA, EU, JP and ROW).
* Support the development of Upstream Marketing Strategy and Product Roadmap.
* Manage the Life Cycle of relevant product portfolio.
* Develop and execute product strategies, positioning, pricing, programs, and distribution pathways to best grow the franchise while remaining consistent with the overall business plan.
* Create product development specifications and interface with product developers or others to arrange for the creation of prototypes.
* Evaluate and integrate ideas based on competitive products or existing Olympus products.
* Participate in product design meetings to discuss and exchange ideas and concepts to meet the demands of the marketplace.
* Develop the launch plan for new, high-potential, or complex products and promotional initiatives to support the product, an analysis of the current competitive situation, positioning of the product in the market, and product pricing.
* Review and analyze market studies, trade literature, and internet sources to formulate ideas and opinions on areas of opportunity presented by the market place.
* Select beta sites for product testing and evaluation.
* Establish test parameters and the procedures for evaluating test results.
* Compare the performance characteristics of Olympus products with those of competitive products.
* Provide leadership and direction to the product launch team through all phases of product pre-launch, which include establishing appropriate inventory levels of product, ensuring that all regulatory requirements have been addressed, and arranging for a complete product evaluation.
* Send notices to all SBCs to take and process orders, develop and deliver training to SBCs to effectively sell and service the new product.
* Close collaboration with downstream counterpart to track and evaluate product performance and sales after product launch, which involves:
-Monitoring customer satisfaction with initial installations and use of the product
-Communicating closely with technical staff in the field on product performance issues
-Visiting customer sites
-Leading user meetings to discuss product performance
* Monitor initial product sales and track against projected sales, revenue, and profit.
* Develop and implement counter-trend strategies with international marketing team.
* Monitor and evaluate the competition’s response to the new product introduction.
* Initiate appropriate action to counter competitive activities.
* Compose product literature based on an in-depth understanding of the key elements of the market.
* Formulate an objective for each piece of literature produced.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or Marketing is require.
* An advanced degree (MBA) or equivalent experience is preferred.
* A minimum of 1 year of upstream medical product management experience is required.
* Project Management experience is preferred.
* R&D experience is preferred.
* Marketing experience is preferred.
* Must have the ability to lead project team.
* Strong clinical competency and analytical skills are essential.
* Must have outstanding written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
* Must be self motivated individual with track record of meeting established goals and successfully leading cross-functional teams.
* A proven track record of launching new products successfully is necessary.
* Must have a track record of increasing responsibility within marketing roles.
* Must be a team player.
* The ability to travel 25-30% (including international) is required.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
* The following work environment condition exists:
-Infectious Disease exposure
Gyrus ACMI allows surgeons to see better and do less tissue damage to their patients. A subsidiary of Olympus, the company makes medical...