The Capital Group Companies is a global leader in investment management. Our businesses encompass The American Funds, one of the largest mutual fund groups in the U.S., and a globally diverse institutional investment group managing large pools of capital such as pensions and endowments. The companies within our organization independently manage more than $1 trillion in assets. As part of the Information Technology Group (ITG), the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team designs, builds, and operates the underlying technology foundation, connectivity, and end user facing systems that enable our business to operate a scalable, highly available, and stable IT environment.
The Voice/Video Engineering Manager should demonstrate strategic technical thought leadership in the areas of Telephony, Contact Center, and Audio/Video Technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of four engineers in the delivery of technical solutions.
- Oversee the leadership and development of the associates in the job family through effective coaching, mentoring, and training. Have the ability to assess associate performance, provide feedback effectively, and coach and develop team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to form and manage relationships with other departments and influence others in areas outside of the department. He/she can expect to work collaboratively with peers to manage resources, enhance work processes, and improve overall service delivered to our internal and external client groups.
- Participate as a delivery leader for selected projects in the Voice/Video technology area.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Possess an ability to develop team strategy / set direction for Voice/Video technologies to align with broader ITG objectives.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in voice, audio and video technologies and managing teams in this area is required.
- In depth understanding of IP Telephony; experience with Cisco Call Manager, Unity, CUAE, and related circuit and network requirements is required.
- In depth understanding of Contact Center technologies: experience with Aspect contact center, Quality Management recording, Genesys software, and TDM and SIP delivery technologies.
- In depth understanding of Telepresence and interoperability with other video technologies. Experience with Cisco/Tandberg TP.
- In depth understanding of traditional video conference bridging, end points, and gateway infrastructure; experience with Cisco/Tandberg equipment and TMS.
- In depth understanding of on site audio bridging and infrastructure; experience with Cisco MeetingPlace and audio conference endpoint equipment from simple conference room configuration thru complex, large multi purpose conference rooms.
- Understanding of network and messaging technologies and interaction and interoperability among these technologies is required. Knowledge in the areas of Instant Messaging, Web Conferencing, and Sharepoint, and the interoperability with collaboration tools is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills are required.
Capital Group Companies - 14 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...