SCE&G's VC Summer Nuclear Station has an immediate opening for the Manager of the Organization Development and Performance Team. VC Summer Nuclear Station is located in Jenkinsville, SC which is approximately 30 miles from the Columbia.
The responsibilities for the position include:
1. Oversee the development and implementation of the station-wide OD&P programs including Corrective Action, Trending, Causal Analysis (Root Cause), Human Performance, Operating Experience, Self Assessment, Observation and Communications at VC Summer Nuclear Station. Monitors these programs on an ongoing basis to identify conditions and practices that warrant investigation and analysis to improve plant performance;
2. Provide primary input on hiring, employment terminations and other employee relations issues, promotions, pay adjustments, performance appraisals, and other decisions for OD&P personnel. Provide leadership and development of the OD&P staff of 16 employees;
3. Develop operating plan/budget and performance goals and measures for monitoring improvement results;
4. Coordinate/chair various Station committees and review teams to ensure the desired learning outcomes for the Station are maintained. These committees include the MRT, CRRT, HUAC, and CARB;
5. Ensures training qualifications of OD&P personnel are maintained timely;
6. Provides staffing augmentation for outage support, special projects, incident response and investigation;
7. Maintains qualifications as determined by Emergency Preparedness for the Emergency Response Organization; and
8. Make decisions regarding existing or new programs/initiatives that have a significant impact to business operations/outcomes.
• A minimum of 7 years of commercial nuclear power plant experience is required.
• Strong operational background is required.
• A current or past SRO License or Certification is required.
• The successful candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability for problem resolution.
• Knowledge of the corrective action, root cause, trending, human performance, operating experience, observation, communication and self assessment programs is required.
• A Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) is required.
• Supervisory and/or management experience is required to provide leadership to both exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Experience in formal facilitating and program development is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
SCANA and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Our jobs are open to all our applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
SCANA Corporation - 2 years ago