The Assurance Services Manager is a key participant in the engagement management for audit clients. This position will serve as a technical resource for engagement teams to assist in the application of professional standards and internal policies. This position will also be responsible for the review and timely completion of audit client engagements for a variety of industry groups.
· Work closely with partners and team members in addition to client personnel.
· Display strong understanding of general accounting standards and auditing procedures.
· Plan and complete assurance engagements of various industry groups in accordance with RubinBrown Client Service Standards.
· Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to other engagement team members.
· Identify performance improvement opportunities.
· Direct communication with clients.
· Supervise the assurance staff assigned to the engagement.
· Develop and monitor the budget for engagements.
· Review client engagement documentation and work papers for accuracy and compliance with firm policies and professional standards, including issues memos, financial statements and related disclosures.
· Assist in organizing and instructing periodic department-wide technical training.
Development of Team Members:
Motivate and be respected by subordinates.
Demonstrate positive contributions to firm’s recruitment, education, development, and retention efforts.
Serve as a Mentor, Advisor, and/or Career Development Coordinator (if assigned).
Provide Team Members with timely and candid feedback supporting the firm’s performance management process.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree.
· Seven or more years of applicable experience.
· Experience with large national accounting firm preferred.
· CPA designation (required).
· Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability.
· Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and process strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
· Superior knowledge of general accounting and auditing including skills knowledge plus the application of general theory.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strict adherence to professional ethics.
· Ability to successfully contribute to the success of strategic business unit of the firm.
RubinBrown LLP - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard