As a member of the RubinBrown’s Real Estate Tax Team, the successful candidate will work directly with the tax staff accountants and partners of the firm’s Real Estate Services Group. The successful candidate will use his or her foundation in accounting and taxation, along with specialized skills related to tax compliance and consulting regulations. Specific focus on issues for tax credit incentive properties, including low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, New Markets and Renewable Energy credits, will be expected. Tax Managers must provide outstanding consulting, compliance and project management services to our real estate clients. Tax Managers must be aware of the professionalism necessary for not only effectively and efficiently addressing client needs but also with working with others and on teams.
Firm’s Real Estate Group Description
RubinBrown’s Real Estate Group is a nationally recognized leader in providing specialized audit, tax and consulting services across the country in the affordable housing, low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, New Markets and Renewable Energy credit segments.
· Plan, supervise, review and complete real estate tax work/tax returns for multiple clients in accordance with RubinBrown Client Service Standards.
· Utilize his or her extensive foundation of knowledge related to tax credit real estate properties including tax compliance and consulting.
· Identify process and performance improvement opportunities.
· Assume responsibilities for project management of various client groups, including regular communication with clients and contacts related to tax compliance and consulting.
· Research current tax compliance and consulting issues.
· Work closely with and directly communicate with partners and team members, in addition to client personnel.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in Accounting or related degree, CPA or other related certification (required).
· Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment.
· A minimum of 5 years of tax compliance and management experience. Prior experience with pass-through entity tax credits (LIHTC, HTC, NMTC) is preferred.
· Excellent analytical and leadership ability.
· Ability to work on a team and develop other individuals
· Ability to meet challenging client requirements and deadlines, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strict adherence to professional ethics.
· Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled