To develop quality and cost effective packages while respecting the L'Oreal Conception Process. Responsibilities include packaging component design and development as well as package testing and analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Develop cost effective product and promotional packaging.
· Participate in trouble shooting and problem solving of component issues
· Interface with marketing and manufacturing management and associated or related functional areas
· Understand in house product manufacturing processes
· Understand basic supplier manufacturing processes including molding and decorating
· Identify viable primary packaging options and alternatives
· Conduct value analysis and cost reduction activities.
· Create and maintain component specifications, finished goods specifications and pallet patterns.
· Test and evaluate packaging components and assemblies.
· Understand CAD drawings and component blueprints
· Analyze and interpret test results of packaging components and assemblies
· Define technical parameters according to L'Oreal standards
· Development of secondary packaging, production capability and Finished Goods specifications
· Coordinate approval of packaging samples, copy and color proofs between marketing/development groups and suppliers.
· Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends in the Packaging discipline.
· Manage multiple projects to meet established timelines
· Perform other duties as necessary or required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 5+ years experience in package development, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
· French Language skill is a plus
· Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
· Strong PC skills: MS Office and basic CAD software.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs and diverse personalities within L'Oreal and the vendor community
· Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
L'OREAL USA - 14 months ago
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...