Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 25 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Buildings & Structures Practice is comprised of architects and engineers with specialized expertise in various aspects of structural engineering (such as dynamics, bridges, seismic, wind, vibrations, control, design, and advanced analysis) and building technology (such as materials, architecture, and components). We have investigated damage to structures following major earthquakes and hurricanes, performance problems and collapses of bridges, tunnels, construction cranes, specialized structures, and failures of building facades, materials, and roofing systems.
We are searching for a Managing/Architectural Engineer for a position in our Menlo Park, CA office. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and executing projects related to failures in the built environment. Responsibilities will include inspection, analysis and determination of root causes of building performance failures, conducting analytical and computer problem solving, and performing field investigations and diagnostic surveys. Assignments will require the ability to gather information from and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and industry.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Architecture or Architectural Engineering
- California Architect License (an additional Engineering License a plus)
- A minimum of 7 years experience
- Excellent and creative problem solving ability
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented in taking field notes and in drafting Architectural details
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced consulting environment
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different...