Responsible for supporting the Consumer Lending Portfolio Managers by conducting deep analysis to uncover trends, recommend business solutions and implement strategic initiatives. Responsible for seeking information from various consumer lending data sources (internal and third-party), aggregating large data sets into manageable form, and developing reports and presentations to support the Lending area and other management personnel. The role will be critical in defining, measuring and reporting loan performance. Collaborate with marketing, finance and management teams during the campaign idea generation stage and proactively contribute to ensure that the data dependencies are imbedded in selection process.
Reports to: SVP - Lending
Contacts: Bellco employees, members, auditors, vendors
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: 4 years experience in financial services
Proven track record of Lending Analysis
Strong understanding of consumer credit models and scoring systems
Familiarity with basic lending underwriting and credit policies
Familiarity with static pool analysis preferred
Familiarity with credit score model validation preferred
Experience conducting workflow analysis
Experience working with multiple, large datasets
Skills: Strong working knowledge of loans and other bank products
Strong working knowledge of Lending Analytics System
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong project management and negotiation skills
Strong analytical skills and ability to decipher reports
Strong quantitative skills with a solid understanding of Lending dynamics
Ability to successfully communicate, execute marketing programs, and build relationships at all levels
Strong understanding of key drivers of profitability
Advanced Excel and Access experience for data analysis and reporting
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members, key contacts and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from various third party data sources and integrate into decision making.
- Performs in-depth loan portfolio analysis on pricing and product parameters.
- Demonstrates strategic & creative presentation skills while translating technical terms & processes into key business messages to all levels.
- Develops and produces portfolio-level reports, dashboards, scorecards and analyses to generate insights that inform and enable business strategies.
- Interacts with multiple departments and teams to resolve financial issues.
- Recognizes areas needing improvement and takes appropriate action.
- Delivers high-visibility analysis under tight timelines.
- Navigates through a matrix environment and manages multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
May necessitate movement to other branches or departments