IBM Global Business Services - Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
IBM User Research & Design National Practice: Consult with us and join the largest user research group on North America.
As part of IBM Interactive and IBM Global Business Services, our group helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues while assuring that solutions and user experience are consumable, i.e., are useful, usable, and engaging, meeting both business needs and user needs. As a Managing Consultant, you will deliver innovative application design and management that incorporates aspects of business consulting, business process design and systems integration to leading commercial and public sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. As a consultant with access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Our group is a multi-disciplinary consulting practice developing and bringing the tools and methods of user-centered research and design into all stages of application requirements, design, and development. We support iterative design and development for consumable applications in a range of contexts from waterfall processes to Agile software development methods.
As a Managing Consultant in our group, you will coordinate with multi-disciplinary consulting teams from IBM and vendors, and be primarily responsible for:
- Analyzing business requirements and user requirements and understand the synergies and stress points between them (e.g., Task Analysis, Ethnography, Focus Groups, Surveys, Personas, Scenarios, Use Cases, etc.)
- Working with clients to develop an understanding of the characteristics of the intended user segments as well as the ultimate context of application use
- Understanding the baseline (e.g., heuristic assessments of competitive solutions or prior solutions)
- Experimental & Inspection Methods (e.g., Cognitive walk-throughs, Think-Aloud Protocols, Remote Usability Testing, etc.)
- Design (e.g., Concept Modeling, Rapid Prototyping, Iterative Design, etc.)
- Development (e.g., communicating designs and requirements to developers, evaluating interim software deliveries)
- Mentoring and leadership
Clients are typically aligned with Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical, Financial Services (Banking/Insurance), Electronics, Telecommunications, Distribution and Media & Entertainment Industries.
Typical travel requirements: spending 4 days at client site and 3 nights at client location.
This position requires 75% travel.
For more information on our world-class Application Innovation solutions and services, please visit: http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/gbs/ais/
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic knowledge in user Experience design, development and delivery of interactive applications for clients
- Basic knowledge in a leadership consulting position, working on complex interactive projects including user interface approaches/frameworks, design principles support, high-level content organization
- Basic knowledge in Dreamweaver, Visio, Photoshop, iRise, Rational Team Concert, and/or other prototyping tools
- Basic knowledge in with teams of business analysts, business transformation consultants, information architects, solution architects, software architects, and developers
- Basic knowledge in experimental and quantitative skills
- Basic knowledge in Web Analytics
- Basic knowledge in Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS) and/or other analytical/reporting techniques
- Basic knowledge in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Basic knowledge
- Master's Degree in Psychology
- At least 3 years experience in user Experience design, development and delivery of interactive applications for clients
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership consulting position, working on complex interactive projects including user interface approaches/frameworks, design principles support, high-level content organization
- At least 3 years experience in Dreamweaver, Visio, Photoshop, iRise, Rational Team Concert, and/or other prototyping tools
- At least 3 years experience in with teams of business analysts, business transformation consultants, information architects, solution architects, software architects, and developers
- At least 3 years experience in experimental and quantitative skills
- At least 3 years experience in Web Analytics
- Certified in BCPE Certification (CPE, CHFP, CUXP)
- English : Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 18 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...