After 15 years of steady and stable growth at our current location, Callen-Lorde is entering an exciting phase of significant expansion and is seeking a Managing Director of Operations (MDO) to join our Senior Management team.
The MDO will build organizational support and infrastructure needed to improve administrative and supportive processes in our medical, dental and mental health practices and will ensure all of these operations are both highly efficient and patient centered. To be successful in this role the MDO will need to be both a strategic and hands-on manager.
The MDO will be directly responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of all three practices and for managing all administrative and operational functions associated with patient care delivery. This includes ensuring all aspects of maintaining a smooth and efficient operation, inventory control, personnel management, patient relations, and patient flow. The MDO will ensure that the Health Center is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines including HIPAA regulations, and all CLCHC policies and procedures as well as ensure that the center’s facilities are maintained in a fashion that meets security, safety and quality assurance standards.
This Senior Management position reports directly to the Executive Director. As part of the Senior Management Team, the MDO will participate in the development and implementation of annual business, goal and objectives and quality indicators which will guide the health center’s services
Callen-Lorde is open Monday through Saturday. This is a full-time position with normal business hours, 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday – Friday. Salary is based upon experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and optional 401K/403B plan.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
- Bachelors Degree in Public Administration or related field required, Master degree in Public Health, Public Administration or Business Administration preferred.
- At least 5 years of practice management experience in an outpatient healthcare setting is required.
- Experience working with medical, dental and mental health practices is ideal Experience in non-profit setting preferred.
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers, NYS Article 28 and NYS Article 31 clinics preferred.
- Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition and Meaningful Use preferred.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures to manage healthcare operations and knowledge of government regulations with regards to healthcare management is required.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and implement organizational process changes is required. Experience with Strategic Planning preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Practice Management system required. Experience with NextGen preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
Subject: Managing Director of Operations Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay,...