The Managing Director will be tasked to lead and manage the largest account in Chicago with revenues exceeding $10-$15mm. The position is accountable for managing the client engagement including the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. This position will report to the Office VP/Managing Director with a dotted line into the Global Chief Marketing Services Officer.
- Manage solid client relationships of this multi-million dollar financial services account. Strategic leader of the business, accountable for account growth, client satisfaction, and retention. Develops accountable marketing programs to deliver business results and executing an engagement strategy in collaboration with the team and discipline leads.
- Act as R/GA lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs when necessary, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
- Support leadership team in the management of account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing client according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of account such as those of client, internal goals and teams
- Support the planning of this engagement including goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets by managing the workflow process with support from account producers by prioritizing projects and resources and by working across this account to ensure projects are staffed appropriately
- Serve as a new business resource for growing this account through active pursuit of new revenue sources and provide leadership in strategic development of new business such as RFP responses and proposal writing.
- Manage implementation of integrating capabilities within this account and help to identify opportunities for cross-platform deals when appropriate
- Write POVs and recommendations
- Partner with office production leadership to deliver on time, on budget work for client.
- Accountable for all client services staff on this respective account: provide adequate training, oversee and conduct evaluations, resolve issues/problems, rotate staff, and provide salary recommendations.
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the client’s business as it relates to agency practices.
- Experience with clients in the financial services arena preferred as well as someone who can provide a vision for the digital opportunity within the Financial Services category
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism.
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of digital and interactive. How each digital and interactive element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
- Strong business and analytics knowledge with proven history of delivering business results. Ability to use alternative analytical approaches to solve digital/interactive/marketing problems.
- Experience building / managing senior-level relationships.
- Chicago-based, travel required; significant time spent onsite with client.
- Proven negotiation skills experience, especially contract negotiations, with both clients and partners.
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience.
- Vast and deep experience with various projects types, including web, mobile, video, broadcast brand, and strategic consulting
- Good knowledge of web development technologies and development processes.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations.
- Ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams of more than 50 people.
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- 12-15 years in the industry or related experience in developing digital marketing programs, including digital programs and managing large teams and clients
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with Fortune 100 clients or equivalent, preferably in the Financial Services category.
- MBA preferred
R/GA - 12 months ago