You love what you do and you are GREAT at it-- but you want more! You want to LEAD! With your entrepreneurial spirit and our support you will build, lead, and grow your own team of financial advisors. That team of inexperienced and seasoned professionals will help secure the financial futures of businesses, business leaders, and their employees.
So what is next? We want to meet you! Dont stop or settle-- leaders continually look at ways to grow and are open to opportunities that challege them. They partner with firms who are well positioned in the industry, pillars of integrity, thought leaders and offer a wide range of benefits where they can add value and have an impact.
This is the heart of our Managing Director role. Our Managing Directors are highly valued organizational leaders who are recognized in the industry for their ability to drive results and build a business model that meets or exceeds expectations.
As a Managing Director, you will:
Qualifications: -Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 3-5 years related experience, including sales and management.
- Develop a profitable unit by attracting, training, motivating and retaining producers.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction of your team.
- Achieve specified goals in business conduct, recruiting, and retention of producers, production, persistency, and expense management in accordance with business center and company key objectives.
Background Check Requirements: Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Because of the nature of the duties of this position, a motor vehicle and licensing check are also required.
- Must have achieved a stated level of production in a previous management position.
- Must have broad knowledge of sales techniques, as well as regulations governing insurance and security sales.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills.
- Must have strong ability to recruit, select, train, manage, lead and supervise a diverse group of producers to meet the goals of the unit.
- Experience as a financial advisor preferred.
- Experience in the Principal Financial Group Emerging Leader Program strongly preferred.
- Must be able to develop and maintain community relations.
- Must have FINRA Series 7, 24, 51 or 53, 63 and 65 or 66 or equivalents or be able to obtain these within a specified period of time and be a Registered Representative with Princor.
- Must have appropriate state insurance license.
- Chartered Life Underwriter/Chartered Financial Consultant (CLU/ChFC), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), or Chartered Leadership Fellow (CLF) designations desired.
- Some travel is required (50% day travel and
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal Financial Group - 2 years ago
Ah, the circle of life. For a child in elementary school, avoiding the principal is paramount. However, folks looking toward retirement may...