Blackstone Technology Group is hiring a
Management Consultant/ Business Analyst
for our Financial Services Practice. This ideal candidate will join a high-performing group of technologists committed to driving client value through delivery and innovation in the fields of digital and mobile services. This is a client-facing position that requires a desire to exceed client expectations and deliver quality solutions. The candidate will support a systems analyst and/or quality role, and be required to communicate with and drive client and vendor efforts, including functional scope definition, analytical problem solving, and quality assurance execution. The candidate will interact with all levels of the project teams including users, analysts, developers, architects, and management. The candidate will be responsible for working directly with both project and client personnel during all aspects of the project lifecycle.
• Document business processes and data flows for complex digital and mobile banking implementations
• Document business requirements, and ensure requirements traceability throughout the system design, development and quality assurance process
• Support development and execution of Quality Assurance (QA) test plan activities
• Support project status report development
• Support issue/defect management functions and client communication regarding these items
• Support sprint/iteration planning, daily development team operations, and drive scope clarification with the client and project teams
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with client and vendor teams
• Travel to customer and vendor sites (up to 35% of time). Majority of client project work is expected to be performed offsite (i.e., in Blackstone offices 65% of the time)
• Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive personality who will be comfortable coordinating client and Blackstone team meetings/efforts in multiple geographic locations
• Previous Financial Services IT experience working in banking and/or wireless telecom a plus
• Software delivery background in J2EE-based technologies a plus
• Software delivery background of mobile solutions a plus
• Demonstrates the confidence to act autonomously, with the ability to function as part of a team
• Creative, highly motivated, self-starter
• Experience in Agile development methodologies a plus
• BA/BS in a technical, analysis, or mathematics field
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. EOE/M/F/D/V
No phone calls or agencies please.
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com) is a 275+ person, privately-held, global IT and business consulting firm founded in 1998. Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Sacramento, Denver, Houston, and Washington DC, our mission is to implement innovative IT and business process solutions that help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.