Local manufacturing company is searching for a mechanically inclined individual who enjoys working in a small business environment. We are looking for an experienced Manual Machinist/Saw Operator for second shift. We are currently working five 10 hour shifts: Monday through Friday, 4:15 p.m. to 2:45 a.m.
Duties include: •Set up and operate conventional lathe and milling machines. •Ensure all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing. •Ensure all components produced meet specifications using appropriate measuring equipment such as micrometers, vernier, height gauges, bore gauges, etc. •Operate forklift, crane and other handling equipment to unload/load and handle and move heavy materials.
- Set-up, adjust and operate saw along with other related equipment to fabricate metal stock to print specifications. •Inspect finished work to ensure it is the correct size and shape. •Receive, tag, sort, stage and deliver stock to appropriate job and/or storage locations. •Transact receiving and issuing of materials in ERP system.
- Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance tasks on machine and work area daily. •Follow department standard operating procedures. •Maintain clean, organized and safe work and stock areas. •Participate in safe practices using required personal protective equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements: •Minimum High school degree or equivalent. •Ability to work from and interpret blueprints including GD "T as well as written and verbal work instructions. •Ability to understand basic math including fractions " decimals.
- Ability to remember and observe. •Excellent organizational skills. •Ability to read and understand drawing and handle measuring instruments. •Have excellent knowledge of manual milling and lathe machine.
- Key traits include problem solving ability, willingness to learn new skills, accuracy, initiative and ability to work in a fast paced environment either independently or as part of a team. •Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds. We offer competitive compensation based on experience, plus benefits: •Medical, Vision and Dental coverage. •Seven paid holidays per calendar year.
- PTO program, 401(k) available.
Kline Tools - 21 months ago