The Manual Machinest will perform all kinds of milling, cutting, drilling, turning, taping, sawing, and grinding using machining equipment.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Seeking 3+ years of experience as a manual machinist.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Vertical Turning Lathe up to 150”
- Machining of new or repaired turbo machinery components. Includes in detail set ups and machining of ID’s, OD’s, Threads, Grooves, etc. and holding tolerances up to .001”
- Experience in using Mills, Engine Lathe, Vertical Boring Mill, Horizontal Boring Mill, reading of drawings, and basic math skills.
- Turbine experience a plus.
- Operate small machining mills such as Bridgeports and drill press
- Machine simple cuts, OD, IDs, straight cuts.
- Able to hold tolerances of .002” or better
- Operate at least one of the following large manual machines
- Horizontal Boring Mill
- Shaft Lathes
- Able to determine feeds, speeds and select tooling for a variety of materials including superalloys and alloy steels.
- Can machines tapers, complex cuts, standard threading
- Can hold tolerances of .001” or better.
- Operate at least two of the following large manual machines listed above
- Select appropriate cutting tools, feeds and speeds for different materials especially Nickel and Cobalt based superalloys
- Operate at least two of the large manual machines defined above
- Can set up and machine complex geometries including a variety of threads.
- Operate at any of the large manual machines defined above
- Able to hold tolerances less than .0005” or better
- Perform trigonometry calculations necessary for tapers
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- Receives instructions, prints, and work routers for the job. Reviews details of working procedure, tools and material requirements.
- Sets up and repairs equipment by using machining techniques and appropriate machining equipment.
- Sets up and fabricates replacement and new parts.
- Performs minor mechanical and assembly work.
- Uses measuring equipment to ensure proper dimensions given in drawings or instructions.
- Keeps equipment, tooling, and work area clean, orderly and secure
- Perform basic math calculations
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...