As part of the application process, and in order to be considered for this employment position, you must take and receive a passing score on a Work Keys test administered by Work One. You can make arrangements to take the Work Keys test by contacting:
450 Landmark Avenue
Ph. 812-335-6704 (ask for Cathy)
Cook Pharmica is a biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with process development, clinical and commercial bulk drug substance manufacturing, formulation development, clinical and commercial parenteral drug product manufacturing, including liquid and lyophilized vials, prefilled syringes and secondary packaging, and an array of support services all at a single facility in Bloomington, IN. Founded in 2004, Cook Pharmica is a division of Cook Medical, the world's largest privately held medical manufacturing company.
To support Drug Product Manufacturing operations – which may include the formulation, filling, inspection, labeling, and packaging of injectable products and to support to other associates to ensure systems operate in a safe, effective, and quality-oriented manner.
Essential Job Function/Duties
• Setup, operate, troubleshoot, and clean primary manufacturing equipment including: Vial and/or Syringe Filler, Isolator, De-bagger, E-beam, Lid Removal System, Capper, Washer, Depyrogenation Tunnel, Equipment Washer, Autoclave, Terminal Sterilizer and Lyophilizer.
• Follow batch records to dispense bulk materials and formulate solutions
• Execute aseptic manufacturing procedures using SOPs, batch records, and equipment diagrams
• Inspect product, containers, components and equipment parts per quality specifications
• Package product and containers per batch record specifications
• Sanitize rooms and equipment, monitor / test environment, dispose of hazardous materials
• Perform environmental monitoring procedures; respond to system alarms
• Transport and/or dispose of hazardous chemicals
• Provide recommendations and implement solutions to resolve equipment and or process problems in a timely manner
• Support the execution of product launch protocols and deliverables
• Document processes according to CGMP requirements
• Participate and support process improvement initiatives
Minimum Work Experience/Education Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous Pharmaceutical or GMP experience is preferred
• Will require flexible schedule – able to work 10-12 hour shifts, nights, weekends, or holidays
• Perform basic computer and math skills and applications including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including the ability to understand decimals
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis
• Capable of standing for a minimum of 6 hours, stooping, kneeling, climbing
• Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Must be able to wear an air powered or regular respirator
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes will be required in areas associated with this position
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cook Medical - 12 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...