This position will perform in flexible manufacturing, test, and configure to order manufacturing operation. Perform assembly and acceptance test of ultrasound equipment and accessories as well as packaging, and picking final assemblies to fulfill customer orders.
• Under limited supervision, performs a number of complex, but repetitive mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly and test operations. Uses tools such as torque drivers, wrenches, measuring instruments, fixtures, and other hand held tools. Follows verbal and written instructions such as procedures, assembly instructions, drawings, diagrams, flow charts and pictures in completing a variety of assembly and subassembly tasks.
• Perform basic material handling tasks, restocking and cycle counting components at workstation.
• Pick items from stockroom using part numbers on pick lists and package using work instructions to fulfill customer orders.
• Using computers: perform system level final acceptance tests, configurations and labeling using custom programs; login and perform searches in databases to find company documents and specifications on-line; login and approve work completed and write up nonconforming material records.
• Provide training and guidance to other Manufacturing Associates.
• Perform prototype work as assigned.
• Provide assistance in other areas of Manufacturing and Operations group as needed and directed. Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience working with computers and the Internet.
• Basic math: add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, percent etc.
• Basic conversational and written English.
• Production experience, in electro-mechanical, food, or other processes.
• Must have excellent work ethics, personal responsibility, initiative and teamwork.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and physical durability.
• Must effectively communicate and have the ability to read and comprehend manufacturing drawings and assembly, operating and material handling procedures.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and quality requiring little rework.
• Must be comfortable with computers to access information, navigate on-line and run custom computer programs.
• Flexible to work productively in a team oriented environment under limited supervision.
• Able to lift and carry a minimum of 25lbs with or without accommodations.
• Ability to work standing or walking for an extended periods including an entire shift.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
SonoSite Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard