Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes in specified disciplines of manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and assist with the design of processes on a component and manufacturing method specific tasks including CNC machines as assigned by management.
- Conceptualize and assist with the design of tooling for processes on a component and manufacturing method specific tasks including CNC machines as assigned by management.
- Assist with process monitoring as based on first time quality (FTQ) and component cycle time metrics in order to hit operationally specified targets by management.
- Confer with operations staff to develop and author work procedures for the individual steps of the manufacturing/repair process.
- Develop/apply corrective actions addressing nonconformance in the manufacturing/repair process.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and capacity including resolution of issues that will increase product output or quality.
- Assist management with customer interaction maintaining satisfaction and a high level of quality.
- Establish and maintain tooling including programming of equipment to ensure process stability.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3 rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year college or university, or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: advanced personal computer skills including 3D modeling (Solidworks), CAM software (MasterCAM, etc.), electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, drawings, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.