Manufacturing Engineer (Concrete Products)
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Job Code: Salaried
The Manufacturing Engineer develops or improves manufacturing processes, improves quality, increases efficiency and cuts costs with respect to the Concrete Placing Equipment product line at Schwing America Inc. This position is also responsible for providing the overall process design and suggesting measures for improvement of manufacturing thereby increasing productivity and improving manufacturing costs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with personnel in plant supervision, assembly, operations and quality in order to enhance production flow and coordinate first time builds.
- Initiates and executes continuous improvement projects.
Designs custom tooling/equipment in support of manufacturing processes according to company design standards.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. (BoMs and Routings)
- Designs and develops manufacturing and inspection tooling, fixtures, and gauges needed to support prototype and production processes
- Interacts with vendors to determine appropriate specifications and arrange for the purchase of equipment, materials or services.
- Interfaces with all departments to keep up to date on project status and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Initiates safety and quality improvements.
- Creates and maintains production processes, drawings and plans.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified either formally or informally, either in writing or verbally at the discretion of Management.
sologig - 20 months ago
Schwing GmbH , Herne , West Germany has announced that the 500th 34X has been delivered worldwide.
This makes the 34X the most successful...