The Manufacturing Engineer develops, implements, and maintains manufacturing processes for manufacture or fabrication of parts that are used in the design and construction of NEON towers with remote sensing capability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Assist the Assembly and Repair Manager with setting up workflows, writing and implementing assembly and repair procedures, overseeing the design and realization of fixtures, ordering and installing equipment and implementing software.
- Assist with maintenance and change process of all related documentation and databases including BOMs, travelers and asset tracking.
- Plan and order materials.
- Oversee internal and outsourced assembly fabrication, test and delivery.
- Design tests and perform testing of NEON electro-mechanical products.
- Create and update records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing processes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electronic systems.
- Travel to assigned NEON Inc. tower construction sites.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods; utilizing knowledge of product design, fabrication processes, tooling, quality standards and production equipment capabilities.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluate safety procedures and reduce hazards throughout the plant.
- Design and implement tooling per product specifications.
- Full management of capital projects from conception to completion.
- Participate in new product development and provide support for the manufacturing of new parts.
- Proven ability to manage substantial sized capital projects.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate manufacturing requirements.
- Follow NEON safety requirements, policy and procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or Engineering field. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- 5 or more year’s hands on experience with system and detailed level process development, producing and maintaining low to medium volume industrial electromechanical products.
- 5 or more years’ experience in product manufacturing operations:
- Medium to low volume assembly manufacturing experience.
- Experience with data acquisition systems fabrication and test; mechanical and gas delivery systems fabrication and test; test fixture design and realization; equipment calibration and maintenance; ERP materials planning and management.
- Experience with line operations, resource and personnel management; outsourced product manufacturing management; vendor and supplier management.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with lab test equipment, product evaluation and troubleshooting.
- Disciplined in quality and product assurance (ISO9001, GMP, Six Sigma).
- Skilled in Design for Test and Design for manufacturing concepts.
- Experience and ability to analyze and troubleshoot an electronic system.
- Experience and ability learning and implementing new computer skills/technology.
- Advanced knowledge of design documentation requirements (e.g., BOM, Product Trees)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Work, Visio)
- Very effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Very effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with others.
- Ability to work very effectively with diverse teams.
- Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to work independently with little direction or supervision and in a collaborative environment.
- Willing and able to modify work plan, based on changing priorities.
- Willing and able to perform novel tasks that may be out of the individual’s comfort zone and base knowledge.
- Ability to move or lift 40 pounds. (may move or lift equipment)
- Ability to work on tower that is 25 feet in height.(may perform some work on the prototype tower at HQ)
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
- Experience and knowledge of quality assurance, document control, and configuration management.
- Experience with full life cycle product development and good engineering practices.
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, software, IT, requirement documentation.
- Electrical and mechanical product design experience.
- Repair center or customer service center experience.
NEON, Inc. - 2 years ago