POSITION: Manufacturing Engineer/Industrial Metal
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Facility
LOCATION: Alvarado, TX 76009
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures
used in the electrical utility transmission and
distribution industry has an immediate opening for a
Manufacturing Engineer at its manufacturing facility in
Alvarado, TX. Reporting to the General Manager of this
facility, the Manufacturing Engineer will determine the
most effective ways to use the basic factors of
production—people, machines, materials, information, and
energy—to make the company’s products. The Manufacturing
Engineer’s primary areas of focus are as follows: to
increase productivity through the management of people,
methods of business organization, and technology; to
solve organizational, production, and related problems
efficiently by carefully studying product requirements
and using mathematical methods to meet those
requirements; and to design effective manufacturing and
information systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will
employ Lean Manufacturing tools and strategies to help
increase plant capacity, improve product quality, and
improve process safety.
· Overseeing the maintenance of existing equipment.
· Spending at least 50 percent of his/her time on the
shop floor observing and documenting work flow,
processes and procedures.
· Investigating and recommending technology and/or
process changes to facilitate cost savings and
continuous capacity improvement.
· Assisting in the assessment of capital purchases.
· Aggressively managing capital projects to ensure their
on-time completion within budget.
· Troubleshooting equipment and quality issues on the
· Working with operators to identify opportunities for
· Training employees and implementing continuous
improvement activities consistent with the company’s
· Optimizing work station layout and ergonomics.
· Working closely with safety personnel to drive safety
awareness and safe performance.
· Monitoring production to ensure products meet company
standards and working closely quality assurance
personnel to implement corrective actions, as necessary.
· BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, with
hands-on experience in a metal fabricating/manufacturing
· Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
· Demonstrated leadership capability.
· Prior supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of coil processing, forming,
drilling/punching, ERW welding and arc welding.
· Training and implementation background in Lean
Manufacturing principles including Kanban, 5S.
· Knowledge of typical quality systems.
· Strong work ethic; ability to work overtime and
weekends as necessary.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
AutoCAD; familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
Salary of $80,000 or higher, depending on skills and
experience. Full benefit package. Local candidates
preferred, but some relocation allowance may be offered,
Perfect World Search - 11 months ago