Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Turbines Supply Chain Unit is responsible for the design and integration of Turbines sub-systems for Civil, Defence, Marine and Energy applications, as well as for the delivery of Turbines commodities to customer cost and quality requirements through an integrated supply chain. Turbines have manufacturing facilities in Ansty, Derby, Bristol and Italy, as well as Joint Ventures in the UK and China; manufacturing turbine blades, nozzle guide vanes and seal segments.
To meet business growth Turbines are establishing a new turbine blade and nozzle guide vane machining facility, the Advanced Airfoil Machining Facility (AAMF), located in North America at the Rolls-Royce Crosspointe site in Virginia. To support the AAMF an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Component Part Owner to work as part of the Manufacturing Engineering team establishing the facility, delivering the transition to operational readiness and into on-going steady state production.
This is a very exciting opportunity that will give the right candidate a wealth experience across a wide range of manufacturing engineering activities within a globally renowned company. The Part Owner will be technically responsible for the methods of manufacture for a component family within the plant. They will have a proven ability to manage the method of manufacture for complex components, using inspection and process data to as the basis for delivering continuous improvement activities for all products within the family. They will maintain the method of manufacture using the latest CAPP and MES software.
You will be joining a newly established team that will be delivering the new facility to production capability.
The AAMF facility will be located in Crosspointe, Virginia, USA. Depending on the candidate's experience the role may involve a period of up to six months training at a Rolls Royce plant in the UK within the first twelve months of employment. Dependant on the successful candidate’s circumstance relocation assistance may be available.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in defining, planning and maintaining the overall method of manufacture for a component or family of components
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with 4+ years of manufacturing engineering experience or
- Master's degree in engineering with 2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience of some of the manufacturing processes involved in aerospace disc manufacture including 5 axis milling and turning, grinding, broaching, balancing, CMM and gauge inspection or special processes including chemical etching painting, cleaning, washing and peening
- Knowledge of non conformance management
- Experience in introducing and statistically qualifying new machine tools & equipment into a factory environment
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accreditation. Knowledge and understanding of the use process control and problem investigation tools (PFMEAs, control plans, RCA, 7 step, 5 whys etc.).
- Methodical, logical approach to problem solving. Excellent attention to detail
- Good team play with collaborative attitude and a flexible approach and a strong drive for results. Desire to learn new skills and widen knowledge base
Rolls-Royce - 12 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...