As the Project Manager of Manufacturing Process Development for Composite Materials you will be the Lead Engineer within the Advanced Manufacturing Technology department tasked with developing semi-automated and automated manufacturing cells for the production of carbon fiber materials for the Automotive and Electronics industry. The main objective will be to oversee the development and scale up of new material processing technologies, development of new processes, and then oversee the transition into production.
You will be working in a cross disciplined R&D environment, developing new manufacturing processes at the pilot level, developing and tracking to schedules and budgets, validating SOP’s, operating equipment, collecting data, producing parts, troubleshooting, and yield improvement actions.
You will apply your technical knowledge on projects, serving as a technical resource in the organization, and effectively communicate results to Production Team.
- Design of semi-automated or fully automated manufacturing cells for high volume production of composite products.
- Plan, manage and coordinate capital projects related to composite production.
- Work with Advanced Manufacturing Team to install and ramp-up manufacturing processes for transition to production.
- Coordinate with Quality Department to develop procedures, implement controls, and validate procedures necessary for transition into production.
- Active participation in Production Team’s improvement activities and planning.
- Generate cost reduction ideas for Existing Production Lines.
- Identify new composite production technology and evaluate for use for new or existing products.
Reports to: Applications Development Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years engineering experience in a Manufacturing environment
- 5+ years working with Automated Processing Equipment
- Project Management experience required, certification a plus
- Experience in Composites Processing or Material Processing desired
- Lean Manufacturing experience/certification desired
- CAD/3D Modeling skills
- Must be hands-on skilled and comfortable dealing with electronic and mechanical instrumentation and equipment
- Proficient in MS Project, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and database software. Capable of report generation and analysis.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.