Broadwind Energy is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our Towers business located in Manitowoc, WI. Responsible for developing processes and methods to manufacture new or existing product lines in the most effective manner with an emphasis on machinery, tooling, and product and process design by performing the following duties.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support maintenance with preventive maintenance and repair of production equipment.
- Draw upon strong engineering fundamentals and experience, conceptualize new equipment, fixtures, and tooling utilizing 3D CAD skills to make manufacturing processes more effective. SolidWorks experience and background are an important skill component for this position.
- Define production equipment specifications and manage the procurement and installation, working with vendors to develop new or unique equipment as necessary.
- Participate in continuous improvement, lean, and 5S projects focused on productivity and quality enhancements based on current and future manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in creating new training materials and formats and train machine operators in new techniques to improve productivity.
- Define and establish production processes and requisite process documentation in support of new product introductions including identification of new equipment, machinery, tooling, manpower, training, and materials.
- Provide technical reviews of customer product specifications (drawings, technical specifications, and associated domestic and international standards) in support of the formal quotation process.
- Prepare manufacturing feasibility reviews and cost estimates in support of the formal quotation process.
- Create cost effective mechanical and electrical designs for new products utilizing 3D CAD skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills necessary to simultaneously manage multiple activities and projects within a broad range of disciplines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Controls).
- Significant heavy manufacturing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of welding techniques including GMAW, FCAW and SAW as well as the related tools and equipment.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Knowledge of manufacturing administration, principles and practices.
- The ability to communicate effectively with potential customers and successfully maintain current customer relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- The ideal candidate will possess additional experience/exposure with some or all of the following: Project Management, Industrial Engineering, Computer Controls, Computer Aided Design (Pro-E), Computer Aided Engineering, Computer Aided Manufacturing, Computer Aided Process Planning.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remaufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of the investments-quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 18 months ago