POSITION: Manufacturing Engineer/Industrial Metal
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Facility
LOCATION: Wichita, KS area
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures
used in the electrical utility transmission and
distribution industry has an immediate opening for a
Manufacturing Engineer at its manufacturing facility
near Wichita, KS. Reporting to the General Manager of
this facility, the Manufacturing Engineer will determine
the most effective ways to use the basic factors of
production—people, machines, materials, information, and
energy—to make the company’s products. The Manufacturing
Engineer’s primary areas of focus areas follows: to
increase productivity through the management of people,
methods of business organization, and technology; to
solve organizational, production, and related problems
efficiently by carefully studying product requirements
and using mathematical methods to meet those
requirements; and to design effective manufacturing and
information systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will
employ Lean Manufacturing tools and strategies to help
increase plant capacity, improve product quality, and
improve process safety.
shop floor observing and documenting work flow,
- Overseeing the maintenance of existing equipment.
- Spending at least 50 percent of his/her time on the
processes and procedures.
process changes to facilitate cost savings and
- Investigating and recommending technology and/or
continuous capacity improvement.
on-time completion within budget.
- Assisting in the assessment of capital purchases
- Aggressively managing capitol projects to ensure their
- Troubleshooting equipment and quality issues on the
- Working with operators to identify opportunities for
improvement activities consistent with the company’s
- Training employees and implementing continuous
awareness and safe performance.
- Optimizing work station layout and ergonomics.
- Working closely with safety personnel to drive safety
standards and working closely quality assurance
- Monitoring production to ensure products meet company
personnel to implement corrective actions, as necessary.
hands-on experience in a metal fabricating/manufacturing
- BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, with
drilling/punching, ERW welding and arc welding.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of coil processing, forming,
Manufacturing principles including Kanban, 5S.
- Training and implementation background in Lean
weekends as necessary.
- Knowledge of typical quality systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong work ethic; ability to work overtime and
AutoCAD; familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
Salary between $75,000 and $80,000, depending on skills
and qualifications. Local candidates preferred. Relocation
allowance will be offered, if appropriate.
Perfect World Search - 7 months ago