Maintenance Manager – |
Location: Houston, TX 77023 (5301 Polk St)
Lincoln Manufacturing is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Maintenance Manager located at our Houston, TX location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position supports Operations Department objectives by keeping production equipment operating efficiently. This position ensures Company facilities are maintained to Company standards.
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
Ensure production equipment operates efficiently by supervising and performing equipment maintenance on a daily basis.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections; conducts safety compliance inspections and maintains records of the production equipment
- Daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections and maintains records of the production equipment; conducts safety compliance inspections and maintains records of the production equipment
- Performs and instructs personnel in equipment start-up procedures and machine operation
- Purchase service of components used in the repair or preventative maintenance or equipment and facilities
- Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments or repairs
- Seek new technologies and automation opportunities in lowering the overall cost of manufacturing
- Ensure Company facilities, including buildings and grounds, are maintained to Company standards.
- Responsible for facilities maintenance.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance of facility, as needed.
This position requires the knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics (PLC), hydraulics, heating ventilation, air conditioning, carpentry, welding, machining and fabricating.
The position also requires proficiency in trouble shooting the before listed categories. Stamping equipment maintenance experienced preferred.
This position receives frequent supervision and instructions from the Management Team. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of job responsibilities related to inspection and maintenance of equipment. Manager reviews incumbent's work daily.
This position has direct, day-to-day supervision of Maintenance Mechanic. This position is exempt. This position has the authority to recommend recruiting, hiring and termination of Associates and conducts semi-annual performance planning for direct reports.
Interaction with Others:
This position interacts frequently with the Plant Manager, Production Supervisor, Management, Leads and other workers. This position interacts frequently with various office and production (machine shop) personnel.
Physical Demands of the Job:
This position requires constant standing, walking and use of hands and fingers and frequent talking and hearing. This position also requires occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling and crouching. Incumbent must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds. Good close, distance and peripheral vision as well depth perception and the ability to see colors and adjust focus is required.
Work Environment and Special Conditions:
This position works both indoors in an office and manufacturing setting and outdoors in a manufacturing environment. This position also requires occasional travel by car. This position is occasionally exposed to fumes, gas, odors, dust, mists, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, heights, cramped quarters, oil, grease and dirt. This position occasionally is exposed to the risk or electrical shock. A moderate to loud noise level is typical for the work environment of this job.